PDA

View Full Version : Finding Where presets have been used?

AndyCoates
28-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Im Currently programming a show which i took over one week into rehearsals and I'm in the process of tidying things and removing presets which aren't used in the Cue-list's anymore.
Its a long shot, but is there a neat function/trick which i can use to give me a list of presets which are not used/referenced in the cue-list so i can reuse that preset space without the danger of screwing up my current programmed cues.

Thanks

Andy

AndyCoates
12-02-2013, 12:15 PM
So Ive had a little bit time to tinker today, to find all the presets referenced in the cue list i did this:

Import the Cuelist into Microsoft Exel and filter the lines by the Preset prefix
@0,68,1,

the following digit/s after this is the Preset number written in Zero Based numbering, preset 251 is written in the cue list file as 250, so its pretty simple to do a forumla to make this as viewed. See

http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richardb/upload/attachment.php?attachmentid=695&stc=1&d=1360671156

From here its pretty simple to do a "Ctrl-F" search and see what is being referenced and what presets are not being used. Its a little clunky but serves a purpose.

Andy

westintour
12-02-2013, 11:51 PM
nice!