PDA

View Full Version : Media Files Not Showing Up and Causing Crashes

SourceChild
27-10-2012, 05:36 AM
I am seeing a fault where the media files are not showing up in the output or layer control.

The file names and folders show up but the media itself does not. Nothing but a black output. Furthermore, the media will work for a while and then I will switch libraries or files and a thumbnail of the media will remain. This is usually an indication of an on coming crash.

Finally, the app will just crash with QT errors.

Attached is a crash report as well as the Profile of one of the 8 Cats. All Cats are doing this. I have checked my media and although I have several warnings, I have used this media without issue.

The Machines are 2010 Mac Minis and 2010 Mac Pros with Quatro 4000.
Minis run Lion and Mac Pros run SL.

ajmaudio
29-10-2012, 04:44 AM
I dont have any crash logs as of yet but I am having similar issues and crashes... especially while manually controlling layers from GUI. Same issues with media as SourceChild. I have also seen alot of crashes upon closing the application. I will try and remember to get a crash log next time.

Spam Butterfly
29-10-2012, 03:54 PM
@SourceChild - Looking at your profile there are a number of movies where the movie timescale and duration and the quicktime timescale duration are different. Catalyst gets really grumpy when this happens. Where I have tended to see this in the past is where people have tried to fudge frame rate conversion between NTSC and PAL or vice versa without doing it properly. I'm not suggesting you have done this, but your movie and quicktime's own timescale/durations are not the same.

Richard wrote a thingy about reconforming movies to fix this problem some time ago.

You'll find it here.
samsc.com/showthread.php?t=1431&highlight=timescale
Hope this helps.

Hugh

SourceChild
06-11-2012, 01:18 AM
Richard wrote a thingy about reconforming movies to fix this problem some time ago.

Yep Huge, been there.

@SourceChild - Looking at your profile there are a number of movies where the movie timescale and duration and the quicktime timescale duration are different.

Obviously all the illegal files were wiped. The files with the bad time scale I tried to correct using Cinema Tools but no avail. As of now, I have the Re-Render Que from hell (fortunately 6 mac pros and 3 dark days). Still though, even trying to filter questionable media, I'm still crashing. Grrr

Mr_P
07-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Also seen lots of quit crashes with m364 m365, although seems better with m377 and later...

Lots of sync issues too including files not wanting to play - scan files fixes...
Have managed to work around most times by adding extra resets in programming.

But there are definitely some issues that need fixing between m257 and m364... and onwards.

S

Gian
07-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Richard will release a NEW VERSION Soon ???

May be a real Cat version 5 ?

Regards

Mr_P
07-11-2012, 04:14 PM
who knows...?? lots to fix first