PDA

View Full Version : TV ONE C2 control

Barret
29-08-2012, 05:28 PM
I've been trying to setup the ability to control a TV One C2-7100 from within Catalyst (basic switching and fades at this stage).

I'm struggling to have any luck so far though, I've got it connected via a keyspan USB to Rs232 and have had some basic control via Quartz Composer (making use Sleepytoms patch).

Has anyone done this before and possibly give me some advice?

cheers

kiwi
03-09-2012, 08:19 PM
What have you tried so far?

You're using the custom serial device to output hex?

Mr_P
05-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Very easy - all the info is on the TV-One site - download their RS232 guide. All the commands are listed for all controllers.

Just enter the code in to a custom serial box.
Make sure you match the BAUD rates - check the device for settings.

I do this a lot - no need to use Quartz...

S

Barret
05-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the replies -

I realise I seem to be stumbling at the the first block with this.

I've been working through the commands using Isadora as well as quartz as I want to make a little back-up interface to control the c2 machine, and have been it all to work.

However, when I come back into Catalyst to give it a try I can't get the serial connection to work, Catalyst can see the device but says it 'can't open' the port (see attached image). I've tried a full reboot, making sure nothing else is trying to use the connection
I'm using a Keyspan USA-19HS - I've tried both m329 and m364 builds. On two operating systems 10.6 & 10.8
- Any thoughts would be appreciated

Mr_P
05-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Keyspan devices seem to popup as 2 devices - but you can only connect to one. - just select the one that is connected.

Otherwise - you can connect via network I you create a TCPIP port - again check tv-one manual for port address.

Have used both methods - will try and find some notes

S

Barret
21-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Keyspan devices seem to popup as 2 devices - but you can only connect to one. - just select the one that is connected.

Otherwise - you can connect via network I you create a TCPIP port - again check tv-one manual for port address.

Have used both methods - will try and find some notes

S

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your input - I haven't had the time until tonight to get back on this, your right it is simple - via the keyspan at the moment - I'll attempt it with the TCPIP at another time.

The very basic codes I've used are to change Input 1a to dvi1 is:

"F0410410082000010E7" [0d]

and to DVi2:

"F0410410082000011E8" [0d]

i'm using the TVone rs232 guide pdf which can be found here:
http://tvone.crmdesk.com/answer.aspx?aid=381&back=