PDA

View Full Version : MSC trigger a preset directly

richm
22-08-2012, 02:29 PM
hi
i'm triggering a cue list in Catalyst via midi show control (over IP) which is working beautifully.
Not satisfied with that though , i'd also like to trigger a presets directly using the same method, different device id. (These presets are not in the cue list)
I can see my MSC data appear in the show control input trigger window for the presets, but nothing is triggered and the panel doesn't go green.

I've a feeling it has something to do with the naming of presets but non of the alternatives i have tried (MSC cue number with or without path and list, colons etc) seems to work.

I know i could map other midi input (notes or control changes for example) to cues in a separate list but the direct preset trigger is really appealing for some reason.

If anyone's had this method working i'd love to know.
It's version m329 i believe.
cheers
r

Mr_P
23-08-2012, 11:31 AM
What MSC command (and data) are you using to trigger the cuelist?

Am trying to find notes about this from a few years ago...

S

Spam Butterfly
23-08-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm assuming you want to trigger presets directly, rather than triggering a cuelist? In which case you need to add [x:y] to the preset name, where x is the cue number and y is the cue list number.

Hugh

kiwi
23-08-2012, 02:27 PM
I tried doing this a few months ago without success.

Used the MSC input device (set to preset) in the control panel.
Used catalyst to output MSC command of 1:1 and looped the output of a midisport back to its input.
Set the name of preset 1 to 1:1
MSC input flashed the green light next to the input field indicating it was receiving midi and displayed 1:1 (without a green background) but the preset failed to trigger.

I concluded that I had either got something wrong or it was a bug.
Emailed Richard about it but I think we both got busy and forgot about it.

Paul

Spam Butterfly
24-08-2012, 08:43 AM
You need to put it in square brackets.
You can have a name in your preset - such as Cue 1 as long as there are [cue number:cuelist number] in square brackets.

Hugh

richm
24-08-2012, 04:25 PM
thanks everyone

it was indeed the missing square brackets ...thanks Hugh.
so i'm sending a MSC go with just the device Id and cue number then naming the relevant catalyst preset "[x]whatever" - where x is the cue number in the MSC.

(you can add path:list numbers but catalyst doesn't mind if you don't)

have a good weekend!
r