PDA

View Full Version : GPU question

ajmaudio
12-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know if the software issue present in Snow Leopard causing performance issues with ATI graphics cards has been resolved in Lion or Mountain Lion? Any info here would be very helpful! Thanks

ajmaudio
16-08-2012, 04:25 AM
anyone?

Mr_P
16-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Still testing. - can't answer yet.

SourceChild
16-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Does anyone know if the software issue present in Snow Leopard causing performance issues with ATI graphics cards has been resolved in Lion or Mountain Lion? Any info here would be very helpful! Thanks

NOPE!

However, there is a rumor that new Mac Pros and new iMacs might have ATI GPUs in them and an update in a beta of ML points to a change in OpenGL rendering frameworks

above should read nVidia GPUs

ajmaudio
17-08-2012, 04:01 AM
NOPE!

However, there is a rumor that new Mac Pros and new iMacs might have ATI GPUs in them and an update in a beta of ML points to a change in OpenGL rendering frameworks

Did you mean Nvidia GPU? I have heard rumors of Nvidia returning and changes to make it easier to implement a more current version of opengl. Let hope so. And to be clear Lion has not fixed the issue with ATI... my testing would support this.. Performance is very disappointing.

SourceChild
04-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Did you mean Nvidia GPU?

Yes, I did