PDA

View Full Version : files not reseting

technick
28-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Hi

Using v4 pro m329.

I have a situation which may or may not be a glitch.

When I have a file set to play once fwd and set an in point it plays fine. Once. all good.( If no inpoint set the following is not an issue.)

However I release the playback. I watch the layer on the hud. It goes back to folder 0 file 0. inpoint goes to 0 and all other values default.

I then reactivate the playback.... the movie thinks its been played and sits in the last frame. If i change the file and set it back it plays.

So... it doesn't seem to be the console as the layer does seem to return to defaults. But am i missing some thing? Its a Chamsys console.

Its not a problem when running the show in order but during rehearsal its been dull. I'd assumed releasing the layer and then re firing cue would re-fire clip.

I've worked round it by having a playback that changes the file and playback type to a test clip and then playing back the clip i want...

I've seen it before and always assumed it was me being stupid but now I'm not so sure...

NevBull
29-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi there

a quicktime movie will always start from where you left off until you reload it.

Use the Greater Than Zero, Retrigger play modes (40 through 45) to reset the movie back to the In Frame.

Nev.

technick
30-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Nev

I know that. My point is that a file set to play once with no in point set will reset when the layer returns to folder 0 file 0 and but with and in point it doesn't.

I was just curious as to why.

Also, and I have to recheck this, I think I tried using retrigger and had the same problem... I'm off site today but will check tomorrow.

Nick

GuyPavelo
05-12-2011, 01:53 PM
I must say, Ive seen the same issues when using in-points via a GrandMA as well. The second running always seems to be the end of the file. I thought it was a glitch, and have ended up re-creating the content to start where i wanted in the first place... Also helped because I am using the same content across multiple different systems. Watchout and such as well.

Mr_P
05-12-2011, 02:14 PM
If you change the Lib and file back to zero on the layer - it will reset - any movie back to zero because you've changed the content... unless you still have a value held on the inframe value.

S

technick
06-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Simon

I was watching the layer display quite closely and both the inpoint and file and folder reset to zero when i released the cue. When i played back the cue, it jumped straight to endpoint!

I had to change the file and folder to something other than 0 and 0 for it to reset.

technick
06-12-2011, 12:50 AM
It might be the sequence that things are reset in?

I know its very fast but dmx is serial (even in artnet??) ... so maybe the inpoint is reset after the file and that causes the issue? I doubt it but...

Cormac
10-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi Nev,
I am also having this issue/feature where i cannot start/stop at a given inframe other than 0.

You will excuse some of my terminology
-layer 1 + 2 starting at at 0 inframe, stop , intensity @0%
-layer 1 at 100% intensity,play loop forward layer 2 @ 0% Intensity stop
-layer 1 stop @ 0% Intensity Layer 2@ 100% intensity play loop forward.
-layer 2 stop @ 0% Intensity Layer 1@ 100% intensity play forward.

How do i get the correct layer to resume from the correct stop point if quicktime files always reset as you are suggesting or am i reading this incorrectly.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Mr_P
10-05-2012, 12:08 PM
to 'resume' video from the previous point - use playmode 10 - 'play loop forward intensity>0'

you dont need to use 'STOP' -playmode 10 will do this when the intensity is at 0

if you need to specify the frame - then use the same playmode, AND put the inframe to the relevant value (or outframe)

S