PDA

View Full Version : m364 - lion fix

samsc
14-10-2011, 04:26 PM
download m364 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16093785/m364.dmg)
password boron

i keep get asked about lion
so this is an intermediate build - no major new features - intended as bug fix for m329

lion fix - simple glitch with opengl features -

various small bug fixes over the last few months

--

do not upgrade catalyst machines to lion unless you have to -

there are no features that are of use to any catalyst users

oct 2011 - active silicon don't currently have working drivers for LFG and phoenix cards

this is not for people who have private builds from me

GuyPavelo
02-11-2011, 01:22 PM
THANK you very much for this. Was just trying to prep a new show, and my Cat wouldn't open on my lion upgraded machine. Downloading now, hoping it breaks and works well!

Thanks again. Just saved me a massive aggravating headache.

samsc
02-11-2011, 01:36 PM
there is no need to upgrade anything - on a mac pro-

all you get is grief and features removed-

there is more missing than added-

but if anyone upgrades:

there is no reason for not creating a bootable duplicate first using carbon copy cloner or Super Duper

Discs can be split and repartitioned live - without any reformatting to create partitions with different OS versions-

GuyPavelo
03-11-2011, 01:10 AM
O I hear you.
Upgraded my new mbp unit. Among everything else, I use it for initial show preset and mapping creation before moving to the Fullsize mac pro or mini if the case may be.

Wish they would finally make an upgrade that actually upgrades something. Have a feeling that since Steve passed, Mac may head down the path of Microsoft with products and "upgrades"

Thanks again anyways though!
On to the next one!

johnboylightboy
07-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Hey Richard,

Starting to test out a new Mac mini with the optical drive removed and an SSD slid in place, but it will be running on Lion. Anything I should keep my eye out for?

Was thinking of trying to downgrade it to Snow Leopard, but have been told that there were numerous issues with the downgrade.

Thoughts?

techtech
09-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi

This version is just saying searching for serial ports on boot up. Any ideas why?

Cheers

Techtech