PDA

View Full Version : DeckLink Duo

usami
24-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Has anyone tried Decklink Duo ?
I need cheep solution for two HD input than Active silicon.

ryanww
25-09-2011, 04:09 AM
Two intensity pro cards is another option. Works if you have the right resolution you can input to them.

usami
26-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Hi ryanww
Thanks for reply.

That's reminds me, Intensity can't use Two cards same time. Am i wrong?
I tried it before, but, MAC couldn't recognized two cards.

ryanww
26-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Yea, you can use two at the same time. I believe 3 is the limit though. I have two in my server.

Peter
26-09-2011, 06:44 AM
what about the latency compared to a phoenix card?

can anyone confirm 3?

usami
26-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Really ? I didn't know that.
Thanks. I will check.

ryanww
26-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Don't know what the actual latency is. But I know its more latent then any phoenix card. Phoenix cards are really great cards for inputs. But if you don't have the money for them, don't care about the additional little bit of latency, and can get the correct format that the Intensity likes then it works. The highest it will go is 1080i@50. And its picky. Very picky.

Ryan

basicmonkey
17-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Duo is great for graphics/keynote as it supports 1080p25/30 and 1080psf25/30 very nicely.

For live camera stuff, don't bother. Latency increases with system load. With a couple of layers of HD running, latency can hit a good 250ms.

brianstorm
24-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Yea, you can use two at the same time. I believe 3 is the limit though. I have two in my server.

Hi Ryan,

we've been trying to run 2 Intensity Pro cards in our Catalyst system and although we can run either card independently, as soon as we run both inputs, one card stops sending the live input and loops on what we're guessing is on the buffer.

Did you have to do anything to get your two Intensity pro card working? Any tips? We're out of ideas on that score and had pretty much given it up as impossible, but clearly it's not...

We're contemplating adding a Decklink Mini Recorder to see if that might work for us, in conjunction with an Intensity Pro. We need two inputs, and for this job, the LFG4 isn't going to cut it...

Thanks

NevBull
24-01-2014, 01:57 PM
What format of capture are you needing? SDI? Composite?

Nev.

brianstorm
24-01-2014, 03:27 PM
SDI or HDMI or both...

we have HDMI in (on the intensity pro) plus an LFG4 but the LFG4 inputs aren't sufficiently high res for this job.

we have a spare intensity pro card here, and had given up on making both work with catalyst (current version), but as ryan mentioned he had 2 working, i thought i'd ask for tips.

NevBull
24-01-2014, 06:53 PM
I have a played with Decklink Quad cards that will give you four SDI/HDSDI inputs - the latency seems better than other Decklink cards.

Let me know if you want to try one of those

Nev.

Mr_P
24-01-2014, 07:06 PM
SDI or HDMI or both...

we have HDMI in (on the intensity pro) plus an LFG4 but the LFG4 inputs aren't sufficiently high res for this job.

we have a spare intensity pro card here, and had given up on making both work with catalyst (current version), but as ryan mentioned he had 2 working, i thought i'd ask for tips.

What version of MacOS and catalyst are you using?

The latest Decklink drivers (from their website) certainly work ok using 10.6.8 or 10.8.5 with 2x IntensityPro PCIe cards.

You can use the blackmagic software to test that the system sees both cards and that the inputs are configured in system preferences first

Ensure that you close any other software before starting catalyst (and/or reeboot)

In catalyst, once you enable video inputs, just select the relevant format for each input an it should work

Beware that decklink products are VERY picky about the EXACT format and refresh rate...
A scan converter can be useful when testing !

Alternatively, Active Silicon Phoenix D20PE4H will capture up to 1080p25 or 30 if the input settings are adjusted.

Let me know if you need to borrow a Phoenix card to test before committing to hire or purchase

S