PDA

View Full Version : Matte-Fill color fx mode

litemover
05-04-2004, 02:47 AM
Richard,

Most packages that are intended to be transparent are delivered to me in 2 files a trackmatte with an alpha channel and white center and a fill with the actual logo, animation or whatever it is that is intended to be played over a background. You can't just use the fill without the matte or the results will look terribble. Is there any way that this already works as a color effect but i don't know how to use it yet?

If there aren't any provisions for matte/fill pieces yet, it would be a major benefit to the TV side of this technology to have this feature available.

Trans Black and white works great but you cannot use it as a substitute in a proffesional situation as it takes way too much of the image with it when engaged.

I should probably ready the manual, there most likely is a way to make a matte, fill, and backround layer work together, I've been noodling for a while now and I can't figure it out.

Christian Choi

samsc
05-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Richard,

I should probably ready the manual, there most likely is a way to make a matte, fill, and backround layer work together, I've been noodling for a while now and I can't figure it out.

Christian Choi

its a very difficult problem.

alpha channels in a single movie are only supported in the animation codec.
so to do this, you need something that can flawlessly playback close to uncompressed video.

so you need a proper disc setup. ( you have one - but anyone who doesnt - it wont work )

it just doesnt even come close to working without that.

thats why i did transparent black.

litemover
25-03-2007, 02:39 PM
You of all people would be able to implement this easily if you knew exactly what it was. Nearly all video server systems outside of the lighting market use this feature as a standard. In QC you can make this happen easy.

When I get some time, I could put together a QC file illustrating the concept? I think you'll see that it's easier than how I explained it.

It's just a matte channel that travels with a key channel so you can have logos or any other "matted" out graphics run ontop of a layer or video input.

Just like trans black or white except totally different.

Christian