PDA

View Full Version : Catalyst with iMac

Curt22
22-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm running Catalyst 3.326 and my G5 just crashed and has been replaced by a new iMac. I know I should upgrade to v4 but my fixture library on my Hog3 is not updated to accept v4. I have a couple glitches, wrong file or file not read on layer cue, and it only recognizes the iSight camera as a video input. Is this because of Snow Leopard? Any suggestions?

samsc
23-06-2011, 08:51 AM
mmmm....

what cues you have?

did you check them? and how your patch works- parameter by parameter?

catalyst v3 was EOL 5 years ago.
there isnt that much difference between v3 and v4 layers.
suggest nothing to do with 'snow leopard'..

Curt22
23-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Cues are all written by Hog3. Will check those, but what parameters do I need to check? I'm sorta new at this so please be patient with me.

Also, what about the video input only reading the iSight camera. Is there a way to change that?

samsc
23-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Cues are all written by Hog3. Will check those, but what parameters do I need to check? I'm sorta new at this so please be patient with me.

Also, what about the video input only reading the iSight camera. Is there a way to change that?

V3and v4 should be almost identical
I didn't break anything

I tried to add new stuff without breaking any old stuff

Curt22
24-06-2011, 04:06 PM
So the Video Input reading only the iSight camera is unfixable? What parameters do I need to check?

samsc
24-06-2011, 06:01 PM
So the Video Input reading only the iSight camera is unfixable? What parameters do I need to check?

Im not sure what you mean? You have something other than iSight?

The iMac has an iSight camera- so that seems to be working

You haven't indicated you have any other cameras or camera equipment?

Curt22
27-06-2011, 11:11 PM
I don't want to use the iSight. I want to use an external DVD player or the DVD player on the iMac, not a camera. The video input setup goes to the iSight camera and doesn't give me an alternative so I can choose another source for the video input. How do I get to choose the source I want?

samsc
08-07-2011, 06:25 PM
The best way to use a DVD is to convert to movie - using something like handbrake software

External DVD players need something like a FireWire to composite video adaptor
These show up only when you plug them in

The interval DVD player is never available due to drm protection- its not usable for 3rd party apps