PDA

View Full Version : Test outputs button

kiwi
25-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi Richard,
Could we have a "test outputs button?"
This would send a test pattern out of a selected output or mix at the output stage (post layers)

what do you think?

Paul

gillekes
25-03-2011, 08:44 PM
would be useful!

4AV
12-05-2011, 01:37 AM
definitly would!

Mr_P
12-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Cant you just use a piece of content? or mix background colour? or for full screen, go back to desktop?

S

kiwi
13-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Cant you just use a piece of content? or mix background colour? or for full screen, go back to desktop?

S

Yes you could of course do all of those things.
I was just thinking of a quick way of outputting a test pattern for fault finding purposes, that didnt require turning off DMX to a layer or interupting a programmer if an engineer is trying to find a fault during a plotting session/rehersal etc.

Turning DMX off on a layer is fine if that layer is only going to the output that has a fault on it, but not if its routed to several mixes going out of different outputs

taking the output to desktop doesnt work if you're using a TH2Go as you send all three outputs to desktop.

changing the BG colour -hadn't thought of this, yes that would be the best solution at the moment, but it does require you to remember what colour it needs to return to (ok it normally gonning to be either black or transparent)
but I think a button to enable and disable a test pattern would be a better.

SourceChild
13-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Make a screen shot of your configuration. Then make it your wallpaper. See the example I'm using at the moment. Then when you exit the HUD, you see an accurate test pattern.

kiwi
14-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Yes that's an option, but it's still not a quick solution, and you still have to remember to set your desktop back to black.
It also doesn't avoid the other two outputs going out of full screen when using a triple head.

Thanks for the suggestion however.