PDA

View Full Version : Rotating a mix

StevefromNewcastle
13-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi everyone I have a quick question about rotating a mix using DMX, I am using the catalyst mix type (63 channel) with Cat4.40m329. I have a mix setup in keystone mode and can control everything I want except "rotate points". I have a moving piece of scenery that I am projecting onto and I have the points setup perfectly but the scenery rotates and the quickest way to control this would be to rotate points rather than reprogram each corner point, I can do this in catalyst but can't seem to find a way of doing this with DMX.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheer
Steve

escueto
13-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi everyone I have a quick question about rotating a mix using DMX, I am using the catalyst mix type (63 channel) with Cat4.40m329. I have a mix setup in keystone mode and can control everything I want except "rotate points". I have a moving piece of scenery that I am projecting onto and I have the points setup perfectly but the scenery rotates and the quickest way to control this would be to rotate points rather than reprogram each corner point, I can do this in catalyst but can't seem to find a way of doing this with DMX.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheer
Steve

Have you tried with:?
Mix type channel 60 allows the rotation of the mixer ofsset.
Greetings

StevefromNewcastle
15-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the pointer I had looked at the help documents at the start of programming to get the DMX channels but then found a personality that I thought had all the channels for the catalyst mix type but it doesn't!

I will amend the personality file and hopefully that will sort me out thanks for the help.
Steve

escueto
16-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the pointer I had looked at the help documents at the start of programming to get the DMX channels but then found a personality that I thought had all the channels for the catalyst mix type but it doesn't!

I will amend the personality file and hopefully that will sort me out thanks for the help.
Steve

if you want the libraries to Grand Ma can send me an email (ecruiz@arrakis.es). Are still in beta, I'm doing tests with them, I have a library that includes MIXSelect+MIXTpe+MIXColor and loose libraries.

E.Cueto

StevefromNewcastle
04-04-2011, 12:53 PM
As a follow up to this post I update my personality file (that was missing rotate mix) but that has not resolved the problem. I can rotate the image in the mix in the same way you can change the offset of the image but I can not rotate the mix points. It is listed under keystone options but I can't seem to find any documentation as to how to get to this value through DMX.

So if anyone knows that would be a great help.
Cheers
Steve

escueto
04-04-2011, 04:42 PM
The Mix parameters Keytone: rotate points. scale, aspect ratio, centre. Are not yet implemented for dmx control.
Can be controlled by dmx, Mix offset rotate.

Greetings

sam-hunt
20-07-2011, 12:43 PM
A workaround for this would be to use presets to control those values, and fire the appropriate preset at the appropriate time. Not particularly tidy, but should work. Ensure that the preset only contains the values that can't be controlled via DMX, or else the incoming DMX will override it.