PDA

View Full Version : Sync still stuttery

litemover
03-04-2004, 07:29 AM
Using lynksys Gigabit ethernet hub and cat 5e cables.

CC

samsc
03-04-2004, 08:00 AM
Using lynksys Gigabit ethernet hub and cat 5e cables.

CC
cabling doesnt make any difference.

samsc
11-04-2004, 03:13 PM
christian.

you were trying to sync back 720p on your last show.
sync doesnt help because the computers are very close to being overloaded. esp if you were using pixlet.

sync cannot do the impossible when the machines are close to overload.

litemover
30-03-2006, 11:23 AM
christian.

you were trying to sync back 720p on your last show.
sync doesnt help because the computers are very close to being overloaded. esp if you were using pixlet.

sync cannot do the impossible when the machines are close to overload.

Just reporting that in 3.31_h18 sync is studdering using standard D1 files. Scenario: OSX 10.4.5
I was playing only 2 layers of uncompressed artbeats footage playing in >0int playloopfwd
Sync of first layer was 2 and sync of second layer was 3 (I was syncing layer 3 to layer 2.) In short it was one machine and I was syncing an alpha channel with it's corresponding fill trying to figure a way to trackmatte the comp.

Equipment was:
Apple G5 Dual Power PC 2.5ghz 2.50 Ghz core freq 1.25 Ghz bus freq
L1 Cache:640Kb, 32KB Data
L2 Cache 512KB
6 GB of ram.
Firmtek Seritek 4 port external sata card with a 4 drive 74gb Raptor array (Catalyst was set to fast (raptor)).

Thanks,
Christian Choi

samsc
30-03-2006, 11:53 PM
'Just playing 2 layers of uncompressed...' is going to overload most discs....even possibly your raptor raid.
headline data transfer rates are NOT useful indicators of whether it will work or not.

if it cant keep the movies together by starting playback at the same time. it wont work anyway you do it.

you need to start play at same time.

and see what happens - if they drift the computer and disc system cannot keep up....so you cant do it.....