PDA

View Full Version : use mix image

bright
08-02-2011, 10:17 PM
hey there

just wondering how that feature works. i use the "use layer image" thing a lot. i expected the "use mix image" to work the same way - but i does not. i seem to be missing something here.

so here is what i do:
layer 1 and 2 go into mix 1
movie playing on layer 1 and mask on layer 2

layer 3 and 4 go into mix 2
layer 3 is set to use layer (dmx254) / use mix1 image (dmx 60)

actualy i expected the output of mix 1 to show up in mix 2 now ... but it does not. what am i missing here?

any hints would be apreciated. thanks, thomas

NevBull
08-02-2011, 11:26 PM
hi Thomas

make sure mix 1 is a keystoned mix

Nev.

kiwi
10-02-2011, 02:53 AM
the use mix function will work with all mix types except "flat constant aspect ratio"

the mix will appear upside down on the layer picking it up. you will need to apply 180 to the x rotation parameter on the layer for it to appear in the correct rotation (unless of course thats what you want)

bright
11-02-2011, 08:14 AM
thanks for your replies. is there a special reason ist wont work with flat constant aspect ratio?

samsc
11-02-2011, 10:20 AM
thanks for your replies. is there a special reason ist wont work with flat constant aspect ratio?

because that one isnt rendered into an intermediate buffer

samsc
11-02-2011, 10:26 AM
the use mix function will work with all mix types except "flat constant aspect ratio"

the mix will appear upside down on the layer picking it up. you will need to apply 180 to the x rotation parameter on the layer for it to appear in the correct rotation (unless of course thats what you want)

if you use 'flat locked to corners' and -1 scale and rotate 180 in the mix settings - this corrects this-
so your mixes appear the right way round-

i havent changed this behaviour by default for backwards compatibility in shows and programming

-

you also use the new mix 'render options' settings to render the mixes - even if they arent visible

meaning its a true 'aux send' like a sound console - which is what i intended it to be.