PDA

View Full Version : Right click on RGB pots get you "stuck" in an invisible text field

blamelewis
02-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Hi all,

I've noticed for a while how easy it is to accidentally right click on any of the interface elements that can take a text input - such as the scale, x, y values etc on the layer controls or the show cue field in a cue list.

If you don't notice the highlighted text it can be disconcerting as clicking anywhere else on the interface produces no result - I've mistaken this for the app locking up in the past.

The solution is to press the return or (often) escape keys. I guess this is arguably a feature.

However - here's the bug:

When you right click on the RGB pots - the circular controls within the layer control the app behaves in exactly the way described above, but with no visible text box. Hitting return or escape works.

I'm pretty sure that this is just a case of the text entry box not displaying - as you can even type a number and hit return and it will be entered.

Right clicking on the *words* Red, Green, Blue next to the circular pot controls works as expected and described above - it's just the circular controls that have this bug.

I'm using 329, but I've seen this in 257 also.