PDA

View Full Version : Can I use iScreen or Air Display with Catalyst?

emilianomorgia
10-01-2011, 01:05 PM
I would like to use a third monitor just for control using applications such as iScreen or Air Display to control features like Mix set up. Does the catalyst recognise iScreen monitors?

emilianomorgia
10-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Catalyst doesn't recognise such applications :

http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richardb/upload/attachment.php?attachmentid=592&stc=1&d=1294668431

samsc
18-01-2011, 07:51 PM
I would like to use a third monitor just for control using applications such as iScreen or Air Display to control features like Mix set up. Does the catalyst recognise iScreen monitors?

you can probably use them for normal window - but never graphics ones

prodigal2
18-01-2011, 08:19 PM
I personally would not recommend them to go on any show server during a show, as wifi is not reliable and has a tendency to drop.. even for a moment which causes all screens to redetect(which gives you the blue screen flash). Fine if you are using it during programming or prep, but once you have the artist around or in show condition I would avoid.

On a side note I use Air Display to provide a second monitor for my MBP with Final Cut Studio, which I have been using most days, and it is something I would not want near a show machine.

Phil
Philip G Haynes
Live Visual Design and Direction

SourceChild
27-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Emiliano,

Let's chat on this. I might have a better solution for you.