PDA

View Full Version : Version 4.4 m329 weird flashing on screens

Paul Breen
09-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Ok so I opened up the software the other day and a very strange thing was happening.

Using 2 outputs, to two identical prolite 1080p screens. Nothing in between them. No content loaded. Everything as is when you open it up. So on output one, with the hud up but nothing else opened (ie layers, mixes etc). Then as soon as I click any of the tabs on the the hud the screen behind what I clicked just starts flashing and almost vibrating. I open another one with the first one open and then same thing, everything behind is still flashing and the first one I opened is now doing the same thing. Only when I close and reopen some a few times does it correct itself.

And then I got this image below when I re booted the whole system, opened the software and when full screen 1. GPU? Bug?

SourceChild
27-01-2011, 03:32 AM
I experienced the same bug on a 2006 Mac Pro.

The bug happened on a 30" cinema display. It happened in build 329 on 10.6.4.

The box had an x1900 and Decklink Pro HD

After reboot the bug was gone. I have been unable to recreate it or get any useful information from the console.

Mr_P
27-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Flickering is a bug - refer to richard

however - it only happens in the following conditions:

A)
If you have either output 1 or 2 selected as 'mix all layers with fx' but no layers assigned to mix/ouput 1 or mix/output 2.

B)
If you have a mix window open, but not layers assigned to it

Solution:
Either assign a layer to the mix/ouput and put the intensity to zero
or
change the screen mode to 'no output'
or
click on or move any of the HUD windows.

This bug happens in all versions back to m301
It is due to a screen buffers not being erased correctly - when no layers are active in a mode which draws in full screen

Richard may have fixed this - contact him directly if an issue - most of the time its not...

S