PDA

View Full Version : VGA to Cat 5 extenders and VQS-01

blamelewis
14-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone had experience using VGA to Cat 5 extenders with a signal from a VQS-01 box. I've seen certain types of LCD TV freak out at a VQS-01 signal in the past and wondered if these Cat 5 converters played nice with the VQS-01.

Any advice much appreciated,

Cheers

Tim

monty
17-12-2010, 03:10 AM
actually, I had no chance to be with VQS

but, recently I used KRAMER cat5 converter/catalyst/matrox boxes/cheapo VGA distributor 1in 4out for 120meter transfering in venue for broadcasting..

It had no problems...

kiwi
30-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone had experience using VGA to Cat 5 extenders with a signal from a VQS-01 box. I've seen certain types of LCD TV freak out at a VQS-01 signal in the past and wondered if these Cat 5 converters played nice with the VQS-01.

Any advice much appreciated,

Cheers

Tim

The VQS-01 boxes do odd refresh rates, these are often the problem with these boxes. Some display devices will work and some wont depending on their capabilities.
Check the manual of your VGA over Cat 5 system and your display to ensure that both pieces of kit will accept the resolution and refresh rate output from a VSQ-01.

The newer VQS box looks much better -1920x1080 per output with standard refresh rates etc. Not tried it but much better on paper.

Spam Butterfly
30-12-2010, 09:02 AM
I've always liked the Magenta Research boxes:
http://www.magenta-research.com/products/video-over-utp/84

Can't say whether they work with VQS-01 - I've always avoided these like the plague for the reasons that Paul states.

Hugh
XL Video