PDA

View Full Version : Catalyst Content question

Smokey
03-12-2010, 06:53 PM
I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section but I have a somewhat odd question...

The company that I work for bought a Catalyst (v3.3) several years ago that was used on a couple of tours and then mothballed to the warehouse and all but forgotten about. I have since pulled it out and used on a couple of gigs but noticed that not all of the content is there. Apparently the tour video guys deleted several directories and replaced it with original content that the band had created.

Since it has been so long since it was bought, no one seems to know where the original documentation and any content disks are now.

My question is if there is any way I can download the complete original content that shipped with the Catalyst so I can get it back up to snuff.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Please Private Message me or email me at smokey(&at&)mediavisions.com if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Nathan "Smokey" Williams
Media Visions, Inc.

samsc
03-12-2010, 10:26 PM
see private email

Simon

this isnt exactly a private matter

you cant download any HES content from anywhere

HES stopped selling catalyst in 2007 - and disappeared as a company into barco last year...

MattMills
04-12-2010, 11:26 PM
HES stopped selling catalyst in 2007 - and disappeared as a company

Not true, they had that highly successful, extremely reliable axon :D

I am proud to say I own 2 Catalyst and plan on owning 2 more very soon.

samsc
04-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Not true, they had that highly successful, extremely reliable axon :D

I am proud to say I own 2 Catalyst and plan on owning 2 more very soon.

i havent been keeping track of what happened after the barco transaction.
my friends arent there anymore

thanks

ryanww
07-12-2010, 04:53 AM
I dont think you are missing much..

Marty Postma
07-12-2010, 07:15 PM
I dont think you are missing much..

I would disagree with you on that one....quite a lot of cool new things coming out of Austin recently.....and more in the works.

It was sad to see Catalyst separated from HES, but necessary to let Richard grow the platform properly.

samsc
07-12-2010, 07:22 PM
I would disagree with you on that one....quite a lot of cool new things coming out of Austin recently.....and more in the works.

It was sad to see Catalyst separated from HES, but necessary to let Richard grow the platform properly.

cant say i felt much sadness - we are in a totally different game -

HES wanted a digital light- always did- they were a lighting company

catalyst has nothing to do with digital lighting - my background is in post production and film-making and art.

its a digital video product and always was - my focus was always on professional video-

doing things that professional video people need- to do video in professional shows.