PDA

View Full Version : Artnet Input Question

Ryan
24-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I want to send DMX info to my catalyst on port 9 and 10 of the catalyst. It appears that I cannot change the input ports in the catalyst software. Does anyone know how to change that?

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan
24-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Wow, I'm tired. Let me also mention that I am talking about artnet and the console in question is a Vista T2.

Thanks,

Ryan

Mr_P
24-11-2010, 09:37 PM
You dont have to change the artnet input ports in catalyst - they are virtual... (and fixed)

Just change the patch in the catalyst control window. (see pic below)

Select the artnet output port on the Vista to match (sounds like you already have...)

Ensure that the Mac IP address is 2.0.0.x and subnet is 255.0.0.0

(See catalyst manual...)
http://sites.google.com/a/samsc.com/catalyst/dmx-set-up

Simon

samsc
01-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Wow, I'm tired. Let me also mention that I am talking about artnet and the console in question is a Vista T2.

Thanks,

Ryan

catalyst responds to up to 50 input universes on artnet input at the computer IP address-

you dont need to change or setup anything-

the 4 port thing is only because the original artistic licence boxes had 4 ports.

-

Now- vista might presume something incorrect about this configuration - but thats their problem-

westintour
06-12-2010, 12:06 AM
i've run artnet between the two no problem as i'm also a vista user

westintour
06-12-2010, 12:13 AM
let me know if u have or havent got it working, i can set up my rig tomorrow and help u out

Ryan
07-12-2010, 03:54 PM
I figured it out. I was trying to use the same universes on the catalyst as well as the ether2dmx box. As soon as I realized that all was good. Thanks for the offer to help. I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ryan