PDA

View Full Version : PixelMAD MasterIntensity

Gringoloco
23-11-2010, 03:11 AM
I see the DMX Assignment for a single channel of DMX for PixelMAD Master Intensity.
I have tried patching this channel to no avail.
I am using Catalyst v4.
We have a main LED wall as well as a secondary display with Colorblocks. We would like independent control over the intensity of the blocks, while still having them mirror the color palette of the main display.
Any trick to activating this single channel control?
Thank you.

ljb2of3
27-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Did you find an answer to this? I'm on a show now where I am merging PM output with some moving lights. The video is always on screen but i need to selectively run pixel mapping. I'm having the same issue. It's patched but doesn't seem to affect anything.

-Landy

Mr_P
28-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Assuming that you are using a separate mix window for the Pixelmad, simply patch the 'Mix Intensity' (fade out) to a single DMX channel and it should give you overall intensity control of the Mix (rather than Pixelmad)

S

ljb2of3
28-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Assuming that you are using a separate mix window for the Pixelmad, simply patch the 'Mix Intensity' (fade out) to a single DMX channel and it should give you overall intensity control of the Mix (rather than Pixelmad)

Normally that would probably work, but in this case I've got it pixel mapped to my on screen projector mix. I'll have to see if I can activate another mix off screen and have it use my projector mix as it's source layer. If I had the ability to plug a LCD into the other output this would probably be easier. It's a little difficult when your mac pro is flown on the batten with the projectors! :D

Thanks for the tip about the mix intensity, that's definitely going into my toolbox.

-Landy

Mr_P
28-01-2014, 01:54 PM
PixelMixes only work from output 1... and have to be visible - so may not work offscreen...

So a DVI Parrot on output 1 for the pixel-mix would solve that issue - and move the projection to output 2...

Will have a look to see if PixelMAD Master Intensity is fixed in a later version?...

S

5th Element
29-01-2014, 06:04 AM
Are you using a console? One trick is to run the pixel mad into the console via dmx in, then you can use a master fader to control the overall intensity of just the LEDs you need that way. Usually I don't have enough parameters to do this which is why I need pixel mad in the first place but it all depends on the situation. Just patch the artnet into the console as a DMX in and then you can re-send the merged data back out.

Otherwise a DVI parrot or DVI detective will work to trick that 2nd output you need,

unfortunately you can't stack 2 mixes on top of each other, even though technically you could have one mix below another mix at zero, pixel mad doesn't really respect that.
you can have mix 1 under mix 2 and have nothing on mix 1 but mix 2 will be displaying content and so pixel mad will output what is on mix 2. kinda weird but it is the way it is.

I can't think of another way to do this unless you have an awesome projector and you could send a larger signal than you need to it, hide pixel mad in the corner in another mix and mask it out in the projector itself.