PDA

View Full Version : MacBookPro i7 HUD display issues

AndyCoates
23-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Ive already posted this but then realised it was i the wrong section, apologies!

Ive just tried running Catalyst PM4.3_306 (I've also tried previous versions with the same issues) on my MacBookPro i7 and the graphics for the hud are not displaying correctly. It seems like the but buttons are there but the overlay graphics are not displaying.

Im running a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, could this be a graphics driver issue?

Im yet to do a software update but was wondering iv anyone has came across the same thing or any suggestions?
See attached screen grab.

Andy

AndyCoates
25-10-2010, 12:05 AM
UPDATE:
Seems that the software update to 10.6.4 has fixed the GUI quirk, yet to test any real payback but looks good so far!

Mr_P
25-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Andy

Is there any reason you are using this version? - as it is not a public release...

Either contact Richard directly or re-download the application from the link supplied - and try again.

This sometimes happens if the application package is corrupted during download.

Check that it works with current public release is m257:

http://homepage.mac.com/goatee/.Public/m257.dmg

Simon

samsc
25-10-2010, 06:03 PM
UPDATE:
Seems that the software update to 10.6.4 has fixed the GUI quirk, yet to test any real payback but looks good so far!

apple broke quite a few things in 10.6.4

they still seem to be fixing them

AndyCoates
26-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Hi Simon,
Yes I tried with older versions and still had the issue before I did the mac software update which thankfully has fixed it. Version 306 as the first one i came to from the last job I was on.

Richard, since the update everything seems good so far, fingers crossed apple haven't left any more gremlins in there!

samsc
13-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi Simon,
Yes I tried with older versions and still had the issue before I did the mac software update which thankfully has fixed it. Version 306 as the first one i came to from the last job I was on.

Richard, since the update everything seems good so far, fingers crossed apple haven't left any more gremlins in there!

nVidia things seem to be fine mostly-
its the ATI stuff thats gone weird.

10.6.5 doesnt seem to have broken nVidia or fixed ATI ...