PDA

View Full Version : Inframes not being triggered:

AndyCoates
07-10-2010, 01:09 AM
I've just came across a quirky issue which is a bit of a brain baker. Im running a Cue-list and have 2 presets: 1 to load a clip and set an in-frame and hold that frame, the second preset then plays the clip (no in-frame data in the preset).

If i run through the cue stack using the follow-on's the "load in-frame" does not load and the next "play preset" picks up the in-frame to the last previous triggered preset before that.

If i manually step through the presets it does pick this up. Then if I put a wait time after "GO", before the "load in-frame" preset and another wait (0.5 sec) before the Play Preset. then it does trigger.

I havent had time to sit down and replicate this, and have a work around, just wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar thing.

Running CatPM_4.3-m301_HD 16Layers 16Mix
Mac Pro 10.6.4
2 x 2.8Ghz Quad: 4GB
Media Drive: 64GB SSD

Cheers

Andy

Mr_P
07-10-2010, 02:26 AM
pause on inframe can be problematic - even on lighting desks...

what playmode are you using in your 2nd preset?
also try adding the inframe value to the 2nd 'play' preset

you may have to preset your video in black (p1)
then add intensity (p2) assuming you are trying to see a static clip before play?
then make it play (p3)

If your work-around works - stick with it.

I usually have to add in extra cues to force inframe cues - I think it depends upon the order in which changes of information are processed?? (Im sure Richard will correct me...) It seems that some inframe cues work fine if programmed in a certain way/order - and some dont.

Sorry I cant offer more help - I get similar issues sometimes.

Simon

AndyCoates
07-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Hi Simon,
Thanks for the quick reply, yes im pausing on the final frame of one clip at one point then the next load cue plays the clip "play RV once"

(I've found "Play Forward" works allot more times than "Play Forward Once" for some reason.

i did try adding extra in-frames on the play preset but it didn't pick them up either. That makes sense what you say in the order the data is processed.
Yes my work around seems fine, just a bit of reordering of Presets and adding in wait times which is boding well. We shall see in Dress Rehearsals this afternoon!

Best

Andy

Mr_P
07-10-2010, 03:30 AM
have you tried t the other way around
ie
use outframe rather than inframe to pause at end (may or may not need last frame value)
then do 'play RV once' cue?
you may need to specify the last frame in the play RV cue too...
try it both ways

Simon