PDA

View Full Version : SDI input Latency.

justintime
08-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Hi all,
I currently use a 2009 8 core Mac Pro with the ATI video card with Catalyst 4.2 m257. For SDI input I use a Blackmagic Decklink Extreme. I understand that the way the decklink card processes the video causes 1 to 2 seconds of latency. How is the Phoenix PE4 HD-SDI card for latency? is it noticeable at all? I'm hoping to minimize, if not eliminate latency on my video input.

Thanks!

If this question has been answered in another thread I apologize.

ajmaudio
12-07-2010, 04:10 AM
latency in my experience has been extremely low. In live events with my catalyst on a screen next to an typical led solution there was no perceivable difference between the two

samsc
12-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Hi all,
I currently use a 2009 8 core Mac Pro with the ATI video card with Catalyst 4.2 m257. For SDI input I use a Blackmagic Decklink Extreme. I understand that the way the decklink card processes the video causes 1 to 2 seconds of latency. How is the Phoenix PE4 HD-SDI card for latency? is it noticeable at all? I'm hoping to minimize, if not eliminate latency on my video input.

Thanks!

If this question has been answered in another thread I apologize.

decklink drivers are not optimised for latency - but for capturing to disk with no dropped frames-

i have no idea why the delays get so long- its outside of my control-

the phoenix card has around 2-3 frames of latency and is constant.

justintime
13-07-2010, 02:40 AM
Thanks to you both! I'm ordering a Phoenix card tomorrow :)

-justintime