PDA

View Full Version : Moving from m239 to m257

kmclights
01-07-2010, 10:54 PM
I did the show last year on m239 as I needed the layers at the time. I really like the new preset edit layout with the layers down the side (m257) and would like to use that to re-mount the show in a few weeks. However, when I load the showfile using m257, only one layer is available. If I open a new m257 file on the same machine, all 32 layers are there. Any ideas on how I might fix this so I can use m257? Or is there a newer beta that I might try somewhere?

Thanks,

Kevin

Mr_P
02-07-2010, 03:08 AM
Kevin

Send me your m239 show folder (zipped) and I'll take a look

Its probably some preferences being missed between versions...
In m257 Go to the catalyst menu / preferences / and look at the layers tab - and increase the layers and mixes to the quantity required.
You may find this was set to 1?

Its tempting to use all 32 layers and 1 mixes - but you will also find that it can be difficult to select certain options on the HUD - so only enable a few more than you need. You can always add more later...

what information specifically do you need to transport from your m239 show?

Simon

kmclights
02-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks Simon. It was indeed the Layers Tab in preferences. Seems a new showfile will automatically put it up to 32 layers, but opening an older showfile the default seems to be 1 layer. Will look at it in more detail when I get to my production machine, but I don't think I'll have too many problems getting the rest of the file to work in m257.

I'm using all 32 layers and 6 mixes with two TH2G on that particular machine, so unfortunately I need to have all 32 layers active.

Thanks for your help,

Kevin