PDA

View Full Version : Help with new configuration/3 projectors

Dr. Bot
03-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Hello guys and thanks in advance for your wisdom.

I am currently running an Express setup on a Mac Book Pro and I want to re-configure my setup for my show. These are my requirements:

- I will need to display 3 different images to 3 different projectors + a local monitor
- I may have to run in 2 different resolutions (2 different models of projector)
- I will need to be able to keystone each of the 3 devices differently
- I plan on using a Decklink Intensity for HDMI input from another device
- I would like to not have to break the bank on the new latest & greatest Mac Pro tower.

Is this all possible with Catalyst Express, a TH2G, and a couple generations old Mac Pro Intel tower?

You guys feel free to give me your detailed run downs, example setups, & pros/cons.

Once again, thanks!

Dr. Bot
07-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Nothing? No insight? Is this a stupid question?

ryanww
08-06-2010, 12:43 AM
I may be wrong but to my knowledge the express version only allows you to do 2 mixes which would require one per output to keystone the output.

However there may be a way around it. If you do a TH2G and make the whole canvas 1 mix, you could keystone each individual image using the visual effects on that layer and position it at that display.

Just an idea, not entirely sure that will work.

You can not use a decklink intensity with a laptop. You need to have a tower for that. And I highly doubt a macbook pro could handle doing that much of HD anyway. Your tower should be fine for that if its an intel based tower. Just make sure the decklink is compatible with that tower.

A tripple head2go will only do 3 of the same size output resolutions. If you have 3 separate resolutions, then choose a resolution that is the highest the oldest is compatible of such as 1024x768.

Dr. Bot
09-06-2010, 03:10 AM
Ryan, Thanks for your reply! You are correct about the 2 mixes in Express. Using the TH2G and using the whole canvas as one mix and positioning it at the 3 different locations, sounds like it may work, in theory. I will try that. It sounds like I'm going to need some more layers... I smell an upgrade in my future.

Does this sound feasible to any one else?

Mr_P
09-06-2010, 10:40 AM
If you are using the latest software release (m257)
layer / mix specs are as follows:

PRO - 32 layers 16 mixes 12 video inputs, 10 DMX PixelMad output
DV - 8 layers 8 mixes 12 video inputs, 4 DMX PixelMad output
Express - 4 layers 6 mixes 12 video inputs, 4 DMX PixelMad output
Lite - 2 layers 4 mixes 12 video inputs, 1 DMX PixelMad output

If you have an EXPRESS licence - then your scenario with a TH2G should work as you have access to 4 layers and 6 mixes available....
This should all work on any intel MacPro from 2007 onwards.

What version of software are you using?

S