PDA

View Full Version : importing / exporting Pixel mad

Mick Murray
15-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi
I tried exporting a pixelmad pixel strup from catalyst to edit it and suck it back in for quick setup. I took the text file and imported it into excel made my changes and tried importing it into catalyst.
It did not work! I then tried exporting a simple setup from pixelmad , i cleared
the fixture setup window with clear button and tried to import the file just exported. Again nothing! I am using CATPM 4.2_m257UB_HD The bit that i am noticing is: The fixture number is missing when u export and it is instead replaced by fixture type, this is the same for all columns they have all shifted leftby one column all the way to the orientation being in the Ypos, is this a bug in 257? Is there a way to cheat it? or should i try an older version to do the importing with fresh file and then create show from there??? I had 253 fixtures to map which i'ms sure is small fry but it may need to change as the project is still at design stage, am i doing something wrong? I also looked for info about importing / exporting the text file but didnt find anything.
Can some one help please am almost demented after typing / clicking 1012 times ! See exported example attached
Thanks
Mick

Mr_P
17-05-2010, 12:27 PM
The last column is ignored in import and export..!..

So long as there is only a single tab between each field it should work.
One of the column headings is quite long - so it sometimes looks mis-aligned

See email for details

Simon

samsc
06-07-2010, 01:01 PM
the import and export formats match-

so the first thing to do is export and then import the same file - without making any changes at all - and check this works.

Hi
I tried exporting a pixelmad pixel strup from catalyst to edit it and suck it back in for quick setup. I took the text file and imported it into excel made my changes and tried importing it into catalyst.
It did not work! I then tried exporting a simple setup from pixelmad , i cleared
the fixture setup window with clear button and tried to import the file just exported. Again nothing! I am using CATPM 4.2_m257UB_HD The bit that i am noticing is: The fixture number is missing when u export and it is instead replaced by fixture type, this is the same for all columns they have all shifted leftby one column all the way to the orientation being in the Ypos, is this a bug in 257? Is there a way to cheat it? or should i try an older version to do the importing with fresh file and then create show from there??? I had 253 fixtures to map which i'ms sure is small fry but it may need to change as the project is still at design stage, am i doing something wrong? I also looked for info about importing / exporting the text file but didnt find anything.
Can some one help please am almost demented after typing / clicking 1012 times ! See exported example attached
Thanks
Mick

samsc
08-07-2010, 05:47 PM
this file loads for me- i dont see any problems in the export or import?

did you figure this out in the end?

Hi
Thanks
Mick