PDA

View Full Version : grandMA fixture for Extended Colour FX

Leif
07-05-2010, 05:59 AM
Anybody have a gMA personality for the extended colour and visual FX?
I'd build my own except I can't find a DMX protocol anywhere...
For example, the app says the colour FX occupy 27 DMX channels, but I can only account for maybe 18 channels, so some must be 16bit I am guessing.

Please help! I checked the gMA fixture share site but no luck.

Thanks

Leif

ryanww
07-05-2010, 06:32 AM
Look in the in-built web server. Can't remember where it is, but it shows the entire specs for the protocal.

NevBull
07-05-2010, 12:53 PM
hi Leif

its under the DOCS section of the webserver

Nev.

Eric Holmberg
10-11-2010, 07:47 PM
hi,
I'm also interested in the extended col fx params, maybe i´m stupid but i don´t get the “Reserved” part of the fx params do i have to assign functionality to params? How should i build my template (personality), i use a congo console.

Thanks for a creative and stable media server!

SourceChild
23-01-2011, 02:37 PM
hi,
...i don´t get the ?Reserved? part of the fx params do i have to assign functionality to params?

Richard built the fixture with a predefined number of attributes. This way if the functionality is extended in the future, a user's show file will not be affected.

If you can imagine using a moving light in mode 1 and then later wanted to use the same fixture in mode 2 then you would need to reprogram your show if the mode changed the channel assignments.

Reserved is like a placeholder so that any new versions of Catalyst will still work identically (or better) on older programmed shows.

escueto
31-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I uploaded a 4.40 m329 layer fixture with 10 fx vis Parameter extended, and 10 extended col parameters, in Ma-Share.net.
To go by trial

E Cueto