PDA

View Full Version : layers randomly flip and resize

micpool@mac.com
27-04-2010, 08:38 PM
I am doing the simplest show in the world, 1 projector connected to screen 2 of a G5 Catalyst (165) controlled by a hog 3 PC via a Catalynx.

I put any layer live and it sits there for about 15 minutes and then without anything being touched at all either resizes or flips upside down. or scales to enormous.

Layers without FX display show the layer as normal.

Layers with FX show the flipped or resized image.

If I put 12 layers live all layers flip or resize at the same time.

Content is 1024x400 either greyscale animation codec or color AIC. Visual FX mode is unity scale. Screens are 1024x768 75Hz

Anyone ever come across this as I am completely baffled.

Thanks

NevBull
28-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Hi Mic

does this happen when DMX is not connected?

Nev.

micpool@mac.com
28-04-2010, 11:00 AM
After many hours of thinking the blindingly obvious solution came to me at 4am this morning.

What was happening was actually a very slow continuous x rotation. Depending how long it was before looking after resetting the image appeared resized or inverted.

The tiny little index/rotate button in the hog profile had been inadvertently clicked on and recorded into the setup cues. The hog was showing a rotation of 0 on the output and I was so obsessed with trying to spot changes on the incoming dmx numbers that I didn't spot the x rotation on the HUD was showing 720. (isn't that supposed to be stop though?)