PDA

View Full Version : sound and outputs

dll-error
26-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi to all, new to this forum. first of all sorry for my english if it is not very clear.

I´ve been searching through the forum before writting this post but i´m sorry i didn´t have very clear the answers.

first question : can i have sound input to change videos at the rythm of the music? reading the bpm or similar like in arkaos for example. i haven´t found anything in the manual.

second : about the outputs. can i use two dual head from matrox to have 4 outputs? (4 proyectors). with this i understand that i´m loosing the preview option (the hud). because i have read that for the moment at least is not possible to use a mac with 2 or more video cards. i am right? is this going to change soon?

lot of thanks for your patience

samsc
01-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi to all, new to this forum. first of all sorry for my english if it is not very clear.

I´ve been searching through the forum before writting this post but i´m sorry i didn´t have very clear the answers.

first question : can i have sound input to change videos at the rythm of the music? reading the bpm or similar like in arkaos for example. i haven´t found anything in the manual.

second : about the outputs. can i use two dual head from matrox to have 4 outputs? (4 proyectors). with this i understand that i´m loosing the preview option (the hud). because i have read that for the moment at least is not possible to use a mac with 2 or more video cards. i am right? is this going to change soon?

lot of thanks for your patience

there isnt anything for doing bpm or such things

---

2 or more video cards dont work well because of computer architecture.
cards cannot talk to each other directly. so its very slow

SourceChild
07-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Instead of using 2 DH2G, use 1 TH2G. This is the better way to output 4 monitors. It is also the way that allows you to use the preview on the single output. The best practice is to use the TH2G on the second output.

samsc
07-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Instead of using 2 DH2G, use 1 TH2G. This is the better way to output 4 monitors. It is also the way that allows you to use the preview on the single output. The best practice is to use the TH2G on the second output.

not from me - its always a compromise - there is no best practise -its way too complex to be prescriptive like this - depends on end users requirements - what they have - what they can afford - what they will put up with ...

there can be issues with running monitors at different refresh rates and at different screen sizes - but issues depend on context - see above

i basically give people a lot of freedom in how they can set things up - i dont restrict them -

this does not mean all possible configurations will actually give useful performance - its up to end users to test their systems