PDA

View Full Version : Cool Artnet device

Martin
26-03-2004, 08:27 PM
I have been testing out SandNet boxes for getting Art-net into my catalyst servers. Really cool, small, like a sigarette pack, and really cheap.
check out www.sandsys.com

Martin

samsc
26-03-2004, 11:56 PM
I have been testing out SandNet boxes for getting Art-net into my catalyst servers. Really cool, small, like a sigarette pack, and really cheap.
check out www.sandsys.com

Martin

which ones are you using?

Martin
28-03-2004, 11:50 PM
I have been using the EMX 2/10 and the UMX 4. The UMX4 has to work through a PC, but it gives you a great troubleshooting tool when Art-net is Fu**ed up. Have not tested it with Virtual PC yet, will report when i have done so..

Martin

samsc
01-04-2004, 06:00 PM
I have been using the EMX 2/10 and the UMX 4. The UMX4 has to work through a PC, but it gives you a great troubleshooting tool when Art-net is Fu**ed up. Have not tested it with Virtual PC yet, will report when i have done so..

Martin

Which one did you use on your gigs?

Martin
04-04-2004, 07:56 PM
We are using one EMX 2/10 for catalyst, and we have used two for Pixelmad.

Mr_P
24-05-2005, 12:09 AM
I use a EMX 2/10 - but it doesnt work as a standalone DMX - Artnet converter for me - ie always has to be as part of a Sandnet network to make it work (Sandnet and Artnet work together) despite configuring the box... Most of the time this is ok - as I use Hog PC....

I would be interested to know exactly how you use the box in standalone mode to convert DMX to Artnet???

MenDesign
17-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Hi,

I have a Enttec usb Pro dongle, i can convert the signal to Artnet. Now i want to connect the artnet with Sandnet!?

Greetz Menno

Gian
17-02-2006, 01:31 AM
I saw ArtNet running native on a MAC at LDI, i did called SandSys, and they told me 2 things, 1st they are working to release a MAC version, anmd 2nd they are working a product to connect Catalyst using Sand Boxes and Artnet.
SandNet is great, i have 2 UMX4 boxes, and very happy with those, use with Wysiwyg.. etc... Shows the DMX lines, and other stuff, but to connect the Catalyst or PixelMad, Sand products will need a third software, is not a direct conection like the CIBs and ArtNet devices. But definitly works great.
Wait to see the MAC SandNet

samsc
17-02-2006, 08:03 AM
i just added support for the peperoni dmx input dongle into next build.

Martin
18-02-2006, 01:38 AM
The sandnet EMX 2/10 box works great as a stand-alone unit. Just make sure you have the latest firmaware and the latest sandnet to do your setup.
On my setup i select protocol= Art net. Dmx in on port 1 and i usally do Universe 8. Port is usally set as a loop-throught or disabled.

I know sandsys are working on a mac version of their software.

more info on sandnet can be found on www.sandsys.com and www.sandboe.com. contact info for their software writer Yngve Sandboe is yngve@sandboe.com

Martin

FxDrew
09-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Is there a US distributor of Peperoni DMX products? Looks like the cheap alternative to using a CIB, especially for Mac Mini permanent installations.

samsc
09-06-2006, 05:37 PM
i dont know.
i got mine through ac lighting in the uk.