PDA

View Full Version : New EDID Emulator Available

NevBull
16-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi All

Just to let you know of a new product - the Parrot EDID emulator. This product is unlike the DVI Detective kind of product where you need a monitor to 'learn' the EDID from. The Parrot links to a Mac (or PC) via USB and using the supplied software, the EDID is 'taught'. You can set multiple resolutions, timings etc as well as reading from a monitor if you wish to capture the settings. See feature list below:

Trainer software included - Mac or Windows. Provides precise USB control of EDID settings.
Standard EDID library supplied or the user can capture, edit or create their own from scratch.
Libraries can be imported and exported to share and manage EDID settings.
Multiple Parrots supported for devices with multiple outputs.
Accessible Mode button and RGB Status LED provide basic hardware control.
Dual-link DVI-I compatible for high bandwidth digital and analog functionality.
DVI powered for spoofing & capture, USB powered for training ? no additional PSU required.
Compatible with VESA EDID 1.3 and EDID Extensions EIA/CEA-861 (HDTV support etc.).
Rugged, compact device ? only 1.1 inch cable insertion / panel depth.

Available now, please email me for more information.

Nev.

Mr_P
16-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Also available from SNP Productions Ltd.

http://dviparrot.com/tech_specs.php

http://www.ukslc.org/images/stories/av/tmb/parrot-displayside2_ukslc.jpg

ajmaudio
17-03-2010, 04:25 AM
I was actually just looking at this device and its software. Perhaps you can answer this question:
If I programmed the pixel clock to 59.94 to help sync some things up in Cat... would the video card actually do it? And a typical lcd monitor? I am somewhat limited in my expertise in this area but last I knew the working clock of most panels was 60hz internally. I know they will often take higher rates and just deal with it but was unsure of using lower rates.

NevBull
17-03-2010, 06:58 AM
hey Simon - can you post a bigger picture - can't quite see that one

Mr_P
17-03-2010, 08:59 AM
I tried :)

SourceChild
07-04-2010, 07:09 AM
My finger is sore from all the scrolling Simon, haha.

What's the street price on these? I might get a dozen.

What are the results of using them?

And yes, it is a good questions as to whether or not they can adjust to Exact refresh rates.

NevBull
07-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Hi Todd - I would contact TMB in the US regarding pricing.

I have used them in anger and found them very reliable and the fact you don't need to learn from a monitor or other display is fantastic.

Nev

Mr_P
07-04-2010, 10:50 AM
DVI Parrot
User-configurable EDID Emulator
List Price: £215.00
quantity discounts available

Not tried them yet - am waiting for a delivery so will let you know soon.

Simon