this program seems to initialise video input correctly

then catalyst doesnt crash when video input turned on

Hopefully apple will figure out what made this happen
r

Lightemotions
17-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi,

I tryed all you told me.

But Catalyst still crash when I want to use the Blackmagic Video- Input.

I downdate my OS to Mac OSX 10.6.0. but still have the same mistake.
If I open a new show the videoinput will work for about 5 seconds (I can see the inputvideo), after that time Catalyst crash.
If I open the Catalyst with the showfile, it will crash after startup.

I also tryed every possible driver version for the Blackmagic Intensity Pro,
but everytime the same.

The "Bride of Mung Grab" you told me to use also crash.

On my MacBook Pro with 10.6.2, the iSight Camera work in Catalyst, and also the "Bride of Mung Grab" will show the videoinput. No crash!

Maybe you can give me some more suggestions what to do.

Thanks for your help.

Ejberendsen
17-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi,

Today I tried to get my camera working on my macbook pro. And it's working so long that you NOT turn on "Enable LFG Direct API" in the video input preference. If I turned it on, Catalyst crashes during startup.

@ Lightemotions:

Can it be that it's on your Mac pro, and off on your MacBookPro?

Kind Regards,

Erik-Jan Berendsen

samsc
17-03-2010, 10:09 PM
no - it has nothing to do with enabling or disabling anything to do with LFG-
what you see if the byproduct of a memory allocation problem- not the cause-

the crash happens on systems which have never been anywhere near any LFG or phoenix cards - or had any of their drivers installed-

it happens on systems which are using exclusively decklink or firewire video input -
i have seen it on a mac mini with firewire video in-
crash affects all catalyst versions back to m119

apple changed something in the last month or two-

the application i built is an apple application - nothing to do with catalyst - as it crashes too -

Hi,

Today I tried to get my camera working on my macbook pro. And it's working so long that you NOT turn on "Enable LFG Direct API" in the video input preference. If I turned it on, Catalyst crashes during startup.

@ Lightemotions:

Can it be that it's on your Mac pro, and off on your MacBookPro?

Kind Regards,

Erik-Jan Berendsen

samsc
17-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Bride of Mung Grab crash - is positive proof that crash is not catalyst problem-

as this application is an apple developer test application - that has nothing to do with catalyst

A bug report was submitted to apple last week-

Hi,

I tryed all you told me.

But Catalyst still crash when I want to use the Blackmagic Video- Input.

I downdate my OS to Mac OSX 10.6.0. but still have the same mistake.
If I open a new show the videoinput will work for about 5 seconds (I can see the inputvideo), after that time Catalyst crash.
If I open the Catalyst with the showfile, it will crash after startup.

I also tryed every possible driver version for the Blackmagic Intensity Pro,
but everytime the same.

The "Bride of Mung Grab" you told me to use also crash.

On my MacBook Pro with 10.6.2, the iSight Camera work in Catalyst, and also the "Bride of Mung Grab" will show the videoinput. No crash!

Maybe you can give me some more suggestions what to do.

Thanks for your help.

samsc
20-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Looks like raw install on new disc - 10.6.0 with 10.6.1 is fine

updating to 10.6.2 causes crash-

samsc
02-04-2010, 10:21 PM
i have had confirmation that the problem is an apple bug - and their engineering is looking into it.

Its not fixed in 10.6.3

craigglow
17-08-2010, 04:28 AM
What's the latest with this? I tried to get a decklink card to work on early 2010 Mac pro running 10.6.3 and had no love. Tried on 2008 mac pro running leopard and got it working no problem. Anyone getting a decklink card stable on snow leopard?

samsc
17-08-2010, 08:06 AM
What's the latest with this? I tried to get a decklink card to work on early 2010 Mac pro running 10.6.3 and had no love. Tried on 2008 mac pro running leopard and got it working no problem. Anyone getting a decklink card stable on snow leopard?

it works in 10.6.1

it broke in 10.6.2

ajmaudio
29-08-2010, 08:15 PM
possibly related.... I have instability using AS cards in 10.6.4....?? Is video input still broken?

samsc
30-08-2010, 06:00 PM
No there isn't any related instability in 10.6.4

Completely different

But 10.6.4 is broken on many graphics cards right now
Graphics update seems to fix

ajmaudio
30-08-2010, 06:36 PM
I just saw that update today.... Hopefully they got it together

craigglow
09-09-2010, 11:41 PM
has any tried to see if the recent apple graphics update solved the problem with the decklink cards?

i've got myself in a bit of a pickle. i need to send two machines on a job with working decklink hd-sdi input. i have it working fine on a machine running 10.5 but that's not the machine i need to send. the two machines going on the gig are fairly new and came with 10.6 preinstalled. turns out there have been some firmware updates that won't allow these machines to run 10.5 (at least not that i've been able to make work)

i'm away from the computers until next week but then i'm going to see if i can get the decklink cards working on either 10.6.0 or on a machine with a fully updated os (my preference if anyone else has gotten them working and stable).

any thoughts greatly appreciated.

samsc
09-09-2010, 11:45 PM
has any tried to see if the recent apple graphics update solved the problem with the decklink cards?

i've got myself in a bit of a pickle. i need to send two machines on a job with working decklink hd-sdi input. i have it working fine on a machine running 10.5 but that's not the machine i need to send. the two machines going on the gig are fairly new and came with 10.6 preinstalled. turns out there have been some firmware updates that won't allow these machines to run 10.5 (at least not that i've been able to make work)

i'm away from the computers until next week but then i'm going to see if i can get the decklink cards working on either 10.6.0 or on a machine with a fully updated os (my preference if anyone else has gotten them working and stable).

any thoughts greatly appreciated.

no its not fixed - its a quicktime problem - not a graphics problem - its not related to any graphics functionality.

samsc
09-09-2010, 11:46 PM
no its not fixed - its a quicktime problem - not a graphics problem - its not related to any graphics functionality.

10.6.1 is the last version that works-

its broken in 10.6.2

samsc
23-11-2010, 07:24 PM
it works in 10.6.1

it broke in 10.6.2

this was fixed a while ago - send me email to get software link

samsc
03-12-2010, 10:27 PM
this was fixed a while ago - send me email to get software link

this is fixed in m329