PDA

View Full Version : Use Catalyst as Scaler for an LED- Screen (Problem)!

Lightemotions
01-03-2010, 08:47 PM
I want to play some videos on an low resolution LED- Screen, but with its own control system (no DMX possible).

Now I want to use the Catalyst as scaler for the screen, but the screen has only 32 pixels height.

How to set the size of a mix smaler than 64 pixels in heights?
Is that possible?

kiwi
02-03-2010, 01:01 AM
It depends on which build of V4 you are currently running.

In the current general release you can only drag the mix to a height of 64 pixels as you say.

What screen are you using? are you going via pixel mad or does it go into your screen on DVI?

Paul

David Monguet
02-03-2010, 09:47 AM
You can use the minimum mix size in keystone and adjust the keystone at your resolution.

David.

Lightemotions
02-03-2010, 08:12 PM
thanks for your help.

I want to use the DVI- Output to go throw the screen.

At moment i use the latest catalyst version m257.

With the keystoned mix it works, but i can´t setup the size very accurate, because I can´t see any size informations in pixel.

Maybe you can offer me another version to do like this?

thanks in advance!

prodigal2
03-03-2010, 12:54 AM
You can use the zoom function in the Universal Access setting, which can be found in the System Preferences. Just remember to turn it off once you have set up the mix. If you click on the options set it up to how you would like the tracking of the cursor to work.

Got to say that I would like the mixes to go smaller on the height and width.

Phil
Philip G Haynes
Live Visual Design and Direction

Spam Butterfly
03-03-2010, 11:35 PM
You can make mix windows go to pretty much any size by using the mix preset functionality. Snap shot a mix preset and edit it. You'll find you can edit the mix windows to any size you like.

Hugh

prodigal2
04-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I should have thought of that Hugh... especially as i always fire off mixes via presets. If only I had thought of that on some stuff I have done recently.

Cheers for the tip.

Phil
Philip G Haynes
Live Visual Design and Production