PDA

View Full Version : LFG crash

Peter
04-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi all,

I have a lfg card in. With the m257, it only shows copy or phoenix inputs but no lfg direct. When i select phoenix catalyst crashes. This does not happen with m152.

Any idees?

Thanks!

samsc
04-02-2010, 10:20 PM
what drivers did you install and where did you get them from?

what preferences did you make in the preferences settings for video input?

Hi all,

I have a lfg card in. With the m257, it only shows copy or phoenix inputs but no lfg direct. When i select phoenix catalyst crashes. This does not happen with m152.

Any idees?

Thanks!

Mr_P
05-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Check that you installed the drivers correctly:

LFG Driver:
http://homepage.mac.com/simonpugsley/.Public/Drivers/LFG%204/LFG%20Direct%20Driver%202.0.Leopard.dmg

Make sure you have the LFG driver selected in catalyst references (see pic)

Don't select Phoenix unless you have one installed - it will crash!

Simon

samsc
05-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Hi all,

Any idees?

Thanks!

he didnt turn it on - its fixed now i believe

Peter
05-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Woepsie guys, i did not enable, need more sleep, thanks for the quick replays!

Paul Breen
05-01-2011, 11:24 PM
hey guys, im getting the very same thing now myself.

m329
lfg4
decklink intensity pro
running 32 bit kernel

was reading just fine until instalation of decklink card. tried all of above. now im wondering if it could be the video card. i swapped out the original card you gave me simon and plugged up the new ati radon card, which is working fine except on initial start-up flashes a few times but seems ok.

any ideas? ive tried apple in uk irl and usa re any updates but only morons on end of line

Mr_P
05-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Paul

Seriously - DONT use the ATI card.
Use the NVIDIA GT120 I sent you.
The ATI card doesn't work properly.
REMOVE it - put it in the shelf and in a few YEARS apple might make it work...
In the mean time USE NVIDIA CARDS.

I think you identified the problem in your post:

'was reading just fine until instalation of decklink card.'

what else have you done/installed that means it now doesn't work?

Decklink card drivers were already installed on your system when I configured it for you. What drivers did you install?

If you have time before your next show - send me the hard drive and I'll re-do the disk image and re-configure it for you ....

...else call me

Simon

Paul Breen
06-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Ah grand, Ill take it out and change it around now and give you update to see if it fixes it. Everything I installed was direct download from Active Silicon & Blackmagic sites for specific OS. Not sure if I can get it out to you within next few weeks. Have it testing at moment for show next week. Ill get back to you in a little bit with updates. Thanks

Paul

Paul Breen
06-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Ok done and done. Everything working now. Gonna boot everything up with chamsys and add 4 composite inputs on lfg and hdmi through decklink. Should I use ati card as paperweight or resell?

Mr_P
07-01-2011, 07:49 PM
use as ATI 5870 as paperweight.

it might get fixed one day...

or
sell it and use the money towards a NVIDIA Quadro 4000 for Mac
(or GTX285 - at your own risk)

S

Paul Breen
09-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Ok Ill see what I can fetch for it. Anyone know the going rate for one is? The 5870 that is