PDA

View Full Version : intensity curves in mixes

kiwi
23-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Richard,
in addition to an intensity sub master on each mix, it would be good to be able to assign a user definable curve to each mix.

For instance I currently have 9 domestic CRT tv's each with a mix feeding to them. When I spread an image over all of them and fade it up, the fade across all TVs is different.

Currently I'm having to use 9 layers set to "use layer mix" and set curves on each layer using my console.

If I was able to set a curve on the mix in catalyst this would make life easier.

Paul

samsc
25-01-2010, 05:00 PM
with a random bunch of domestic tvs- thats more than just a mix curve-
there will be different gamma response on each one

Richard,
in addition to an intensity sub master on each mix, it would be good to be able to assign a user definable curve to each mix.

For instance I currently have 9 domestic CRT tv's each with a mix feeding to them. When I spread an image over all of them and fade it up, the fade across all TVs is different.

Currently I'm having to use 9 layers set to "use layer mix" and set curves on each layer using my console.

If I was able to set a curve on the mix in catalyst this would make life easier.

Paul

kiwi
26-01-2010, 11:25 AM
with a random bunch of domestic tvs- thats more than just a mix curve-
there will be different gamma response on each one

Yes true, but it would still help

samsc
26-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Yes true, but it would still help

can you put up a grey scale and colour chart on each tv - at full intensity

then take a decent photograph of each screen

this will give you some idea of the gamma differences

SourceChild
31-01-2010, 03:46 AM
can you put up a grey scale and colour chart on each tv - at full intensity

then take a decent photograph of each screen

this will give you some idea of the gamma differences

To take Richard's method a bit further, I will actually point a Flat camera at each screen/TV and then use a scope to adjust the settings of the media server output. This has worked wonders on LED walls, different video projectors, and anything else which might pop up.

samsc
31-01-2010, 04:46 PM
To take Richard's method a bit further, I will actually point a Flat camera at each screen/TV and then use a scope to adjust the settings of the media server output. This has worked wonders on LED walls, different video projectors, and anything else which might pop up.

it needs a gamma curve for every mix-

i dont think intensity curve would work for the tvs - intensity curve presumes linear intensity across the colour output