PDA

View Full Version : Multiscreen mapping projection

Peter
30-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi all,

I would like your advice on the following. I've already done some test setups but i still dont get it.

Setup 1 :
Needed : projection of 1 movie which covers the whole area A to F but taking into account the seperate projection surfaces A-F, meaning that part of the movie which covers A will seamlessly run into to B, ... but will not be projected on the black (projecting 6 seperate movies on the 6 seperate surfaces is no problem).

At the moment i've tried the following but it didnt work :

1. making 6 layers (the same scale and XY=0, layer 2-6 use layer 1) sending to submixes 1 - 6
2. 6 submixes with sizes 1024x768 which covers the total area A-F (or should these be smaller?)
3. offsetts for A,B,C and D,E,F
4. mixes scaled the same and keystoned according to the different sizes of A-F (or should i do the keystoning and or XY in the layers?) - if i take 6 of the same size it works

But then the relation between them isnt fine any more. Meaning that the object in E will be more squashed then in D or F. Which does seem logical.

Setup 2 : a variation on 1 :
Needed : the same as setup 1 but i always loose a part of the image because the total area (green line) is bigger the what covers the surfaces A-H.

Best wishes to all!

Thanks,

Peter

NevBull
30-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi Peter

I have sent you an email describing a couple of ways of doing this - either using a mask or an easy way to setup multiple mixes to form a complete image

regards

Nev.

SourceChild
30-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Peter had asked my help on this as well. I submitted a mix preset example which I am attaching.

My suggestions were to create a different mix for each window. In the case of the second configuration, I suggested using a mix with no layers assigned configured with a black background.

The blank mix was to cover up the upper left hand corner of what Peter calls mix B.

The programming requires making the whole canvas change for mixes A,B,C,D,G,H,D first. Then the blank mix triggers so it stacks above B. Then Mix E and F to trigger so they stack above the blank mix.

Please note, I used the Keystone Mix type. I did not use this mix type because I need to keystone but because I can discretely adjust the aspect ratio and scale of each Mix (in the Options Tab). Also note that I did not use the "XY Center" in the keystone mix Options Tab but instead used the XY mix offset under the Mix Tab instead. This is because the "Offset" is on an infinite plane where as the "Center" under the Options Tab only moves the visible object boundary within the mix window.

The mixes are probably the most powerful things in Catalyst. I encourage anyone to learn them as they are what separate Catalyst from any other media server. They are also what make Catalyst rival solutions such as a Spyder or Encore.

The magic of the mixes are that these two layouts which Peter mentioned can be done with as few as 2 layers (maybe 3) since each layer is feeding to each visible mix.

Try out the attached file in your configuration and let me know if you have any questions.

foxrider
31-12-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm very interested to learn more on the mixes. I had been playing around with it but somehow, I think I haven't fully understand it. Does anyone has documentation on this topic?

Nev, is it possible if you also email a copy of your help file to Peter? Like to learn how to do it too.

NevBull
31-12-2009, 12:50 PM
there is no documentation on these advanced setups - email me your details and I will send it over

Nev.