PDA

View Full Version : triple head 2Go Digital matrox

luluyves
23-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Hello everyboby

we use catalyst on MAC pro 8-core with snow leopard, ATI HD4870.
we just buy a triplehead 2Go digital for work with 4 output but with LED WALL PANEL " STARFRAME STARWAY" .
then when we plug 3 monitor on the matrox DHG2O , we don't have problem but with the Led panel , we don't have output.

config ex:
MAC OUT1: MONITOR 1280x768 Mini PortMAC->DVI

MAC OUT2: MATROX TRIPLE HEAD DVI 3072x768
---> OUT 1 : MONITOR 1024x768
OUT 2 : LED PANEL 1042x768
OUT 3 : MONITOR 1024x768

then in this config we have only signal on out 1 and 3, the led panel is black and no signal.

Have you a Idee and can you help me.
Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english, i'm french

Yves

NevBull
23-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Hello Yves

There was a driver issue with Snow Leopard, ATI graphics cards and Digital TripleHeads. I am not sure if Apple have sorted that out or not.

Nev.

Ejberendsen
23-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Hello Yves,

You can configure the Matrox also as a dual head. Last time I had the same problem. If you configure the triple head2go as a dual head, then output 2 will be disabled.

On the website of Matrox you can download the program called "Matrox PowerDesk for Mac" in this program you can configure the Matrox Triple H2Go.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Erik-Jan Berendsen

tharding
23-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Also check that the refresh rate is correct. Many LED screens will only display at 60hz and not the 75hz that Catalyst defaults to.

Cheers

Toby Harding

luluyves
23-12-2009, 03:17 PM
hello

thanks for your answer, i have install the matrox soft and i 'm using the OUT2 of ATI at 3072x768 refresh 60Hz and then on the triple head i have 3 X 1024x768 at 60Hz, all work fine with monitor DVI but when i change one monitor with a LED PANEL "starframe" with a STARGATE, then no signal come on this OUTPUT.
I would like to install SwitshResX to force refresh and resolution of the OUTPUT. but i don't know the good info of the EDID of the led panel...
I think the big problem is the Stargate witch control LED PANEL and the "EDID" of them...
no one use this led panel ?

thanks averybody

Yves

Mr_P
24-12-2009, 01:04 AM
I wouldn't use Switch Res - it can cause unpredictable results...

FIRST:
Try connecting to the LED screen directly from the Mac without the TH2G to ensure that you get some kind of picture...

if that works - then:
Try adding a DVA DA (Distribution amplifier) in line between your TH2G and your DVI LCD which works...
if that works ok, then connect your LED screen to the 2nd output of the DA

alternatively - without a DVI DA - program a DVI detective from the LCD screen that works. Then install it in-line (before) the LED screen.

you need to establish whether your mac can output to the LED screen without the TH2G. Once you have proves this - then try the TH2G, then DVI DA, or DVI detective

regards

Simon

SourceChild
28-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Switch Rez is a pain to use and it is very finicky. I removed it from all my Catalyst machines because of the problems it was causing.

Use a DVI detective on the center of the TH2G so that it thinks the EDID is the same as the sides.

Something important to know is that the sides might be in VGA mode which is why the center is not working. If your output devices on the sides are generating an EDID which tells the TH2G that they are analog then the TH2G will send analog as a priority and disregard the center.

You can verify this by making sure you are using DVI-D cable and not DVI-I cables with the extra quad pins next to the ground slit.

MarianoCatalyst
13-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Sorry, not if I explain well, but the projection, IT IS NOT BLENDING, I DO NOT KNOW THEY SUPERPOSE THE PROJECTIONS, I KNOW IT(HE,SHE) FORMS(TRAINS) A HORIZONTAL LONG IMAGE, WITH 4 SIGNS...

I HOPE THAT HE(SHE) HAS UNDERSTOOD HIMSELF(HERSELF)
THANK YOU
MARIAN

MarianoCatalyst
13-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Hello everyboby

We use a mac pro osx 10.5 with 8 cores(nucleuses), with catalyst v4, I have a work that to realize, a play, they are 4 projectors of 12 k, forming(training) an alone image of video, with 4 signs independent from 1024 x 768 px.

My question is, I can use the exit dvi 1 to a projector, and with another exit use a TRIPLEHEAD2GO, and there go out to 3 projectors with independent images from video??

Some help?

Thank you very much.

Sorry, not if I explain well, but the projection, IT IS NOT BLENDING, I DO NOT KNOW THEY SUPERPOSE THE PROJECTIONS, I KNOW IT(HE,SHE) FORMS(TRAINS) A HORIZONTAL LONG IMAGE, WITH 4 SIGNS...

I HOPE THAT HE(SHE) HAS UNDERSTOOD HIMSELF(HERSELF)
THANK YOU

Forgive my English evil
MARIAN

Mr_P
13-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi Mariano

Answer: Yes!.

before starting catalyst:
connected TH2G and set the 2nd output (exit) to 3072x768

then start catalyst:
on Output 2: set 3 x mix windows to 1024x768 and position them TH2G-Left / TH2G-Centre / TH2G-Right. (see picture)

Use Output 1 as 'normal'

Assign layers to the mixes as required - this will give you 4 seperate 1024x768 output.

Do contact me if you need more help

Regards

Simon

MarianoCatalyst
14-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Thank you very much, SIMON, me hicistes to learn that with a catalyst and the TH2G it(he,she) is possible, to achieve the play, and it is not necessary to have another Catalyst.

Thank you Brother!

Marian
Www.tvi27.com.ar