PDA

View Full Version : pixel collom 1 is missing.....

thomasrotten
17-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi there

I have a strange problem... i have to output 1024 pxl to a led screen... When i show the desktop in the led screen then everything is okay but when i start the catalyst up i´m missing the first collum of pixels...(1 og the 1024).. I have tried everything with and without pixelmix and it is the same deal..

Anyone??

Best Regards

Thomas

samsc
17-12-2009, 04:01 PM
its an apple bug - sometimes on some version of os etc - there is a mis-alignment between screen values and underlying coordinate values-

i need to put an option in preferences to switch between different alignments.

thomasrotten
18-12-2009, 04:32 AM
Hi richard

Thanks for the quick replay. I have never run into this problem before. I was called on a job yesterday where they had the problem. It was for the bbc clima debat from copenhagen broadcasted yesterday where they has a lighthouse R10 screen 2340 pixels wide and 96 pixel tall. They way that the company had planned it was to run the screen on 3 prosessors via a matrox tripple head 2 go with each output set on 800x600 but the rental company only had one processor with them and there for they had rendered out a movie containing 2 rows og 1024 x 96 and the last row 256 x 96. And this was a problem because we then got a black collom of pixels at collum 1 (witch was not a problem) but then again a black collom after 1024 plx and then again aften 2048 pxl...

Could i have done some thing different to make this work??

Best regards

Thomas

samsc
18-12-2009, 04:51 AM
with this information - its probably a different problem-

you sure the content people rendered the image correctly?

can you get their images?

you cant shift the image a single pixel in the processor?

Hi richard

Thanks for the quick replay. I have never run into this problem before. I was called on a job yesterday where they had the problem. It was for the bbc clima debat from copenhagen broadcasted yesterday where they has a lighthouse R10 screen 2340 pixels wide and 96 pixel tall. They way that the company had planned it was to run the screen on 3 prosessors via a matrox tripple head 2 go with each output set on 800x600 but the rental company only had one processor with them and there for they had rendered out a movie containing 2 rows og 1024 x 96 and the last row 256 x 96. And this was a problem because we then got a black collom of pixels at collum 1 (witch was not a problem) but then again a black collom after 1024 plx and then again aften 2048 pxl...

Best regards

Thomas

samsc
18-12-2009, 05:13 PM
rendering out at 1024x96 is not bad solution for client

they dont need three outputs at this resolution

why they cant shift image over by 1 pixel?

---

which catalyst software version they use?

Hi richard

Best regards

Thomas

thomasrotten
19-12-2009, 08:33 AM
I Will try to get hold in The catalyst and male a rapport from it and copy The content that they used A's well. Then it might be easyer to find put what happend

samsc
19-12-2009, 01:48 PM
I Will try to get hold in The catalyst and male a rapport from it and copy The content that they used A's well. Then it might be easyer to find put what happend

can you check on your own catalyst?

presuming that wasnt the one they used?