PDA

View Full Version : Projection surface : glass?

Peter
23-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi all,

We're trying to decide if this project would be doable. There isnt a budget for trying out for the moment. The projection surface is glass but just behind the glass are sun protection screens. Will this work as a projection screen if we close them?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Marty Postma
25-11-2009, 03:58 PM
This will only work if the glass is very dirty....othrewise the projection "light" will pass right through the glass as normal. You need something to reflect off of....like dirt.

Hope this helps. :)

ryanww
25-11-2009, 05:03 PM
You could get crafty. Since it is the winter season, they usually have that spray on fake snow frost stuff. Or even some white construction paper on the back side of the windows.

Peter
26-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I know i will shine through the glass but i suggested in the post using the sun projection screens which have an opaqua structure behind the glass. So, in theory, this should do it?

samsc
26-11-2009, 06:55 PM
I know i will shine through the glass but i suggested in the post using the sun projection screens which have an opaqua structure behind the glass. So, in theory, this should do it?

take a projector there and see what happens-

kiwi
03-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Yes it should work, but image quality will depend on the reflective nature of the screens, how far behind the glass they are (you will get some doubling of image) You will probably need to at least double the amout of output from your projector.

The only way to really know for sure is to do a test on location.

Good luck