PDA

View Full Version : usb dongle

milus
05-11-2009, 07:02 PM
hi there,

is it possible to use any dongle whit V4 pro license on any mac running catalyst pro V4 software?

Do i just connect the dongle and then it will run or not ?

greetings emilio

NevBull
05-11-2009, 08:52 PM
hello Emilio

you need to install the dongle drivers onto any new machine. Make sure the dongle is in one of the machine's USB ports, open the Catalyst application. Then go to the Help menu and choose the Install Dongle Driver option.

After the drivers are installed, restart the application. The red LED in the dongle will come on indicating the computer can see it and you should be good to run the software on that machine.

I hope that helps

regards

Nev.

samsc
07-11-2009, 03:52 PM
hi there,

is it possible to use any dongle whit V4 pro license on any mac running catalyst pro V4 software?

Do i just connect the dongle and then it will run or not ?

greetings emilio

usb dongle driver works ( or should work ) on any/all macs even mac mini and macbook

milus
08-11-2009, 01:19 AM
thanks ,
it worked and i had a great show.

greetings emilio

SourceChild
15-11-2009, 03:31 PM
A little beyond your question but helpful.

You can put the application on as many machines as you want. Just switch the dongle between the machines you use and the ones you don't.

If you decide you want to run the same show files on two different machines, you can copy them between machines. Typically the CatalystPresets.txt is the only one you will need if you programmed everything from within Catalyst.

Be aware that sometimes when copying the Catalyst folder between machines that the CatIntel__Settings.xml configuration file created on one machine might crash on a different machine. This is the file that has all the DMX assignments which is why I like to copy it. However, I typically just rebuild this from scratch unless I am absolutely sure that the machines are identical.