PDA

View Full Version : 360 º projection screen

miguelangelpinheiro
23-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi, I need make a 360 º projection with 6 15k lummens, and I preffer use the catalyst if is possible, and if not I´ll use the Watchout, but I´m not sure if with the catalyst and the triple heads is possible. I used the triple heads before, but were to make big format screens, but never 360º.
Any ideas??? Resolution for the videos???

Thanks

SourceChild
26-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Watchout and Catalyst both can do this. Each has its respective advantages and disadvantages. If you are to use Catalyst, I strongly suggest two Catalyst Machines, each with a TH2G on a single output for three projectors each. I also suggest having a solid Gb ethernet network to enable sync between layers.

miguelangelpinheiro
27-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Watchout and Catalyst both can do this. Each has its respective advantages and disadvantages. If you are to use Catalyst, I strongly suggest two Catalyst Machines, each with a TH2G on a single output for three projectors each. I also suggest having a solid Gb ethernet network to enable sync between layers.

Thanks a lot for your help, but, if I do like u told, I must have the video splittered in 2 parts, isn´t?

Thanks

SourceChild
27-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks a lot for your help, but, if I do like u told, I must have the video splittered in 2 parts, isn´t?

Thanks

Lets consider you're using 1280x1024 projectors. First, if you are doing a 360 with six projectors it means your total pixel width is 6x1280 = 7680. However, you will be doing an edge blend lets approximate to 20%. Since you are edge blending 20% of each side of the projector, you total overlap comes out to 40% per projector. Therefore your total size image is actually 4608 (60% x 7680).

Please note that the supported file sizes are only 4096 pixels wide. So you will need to render output files at less than this.

I suggest making a composition which is 4608x1024 as your template. When the content is created, make it in this window size. Then output a left piece and right piece. Make sure to add the 20% overlap for each piece so the horizontal size is 2560 (4608/2 + 20% x 1280).

Also be aware that in my calculations I have accounted for blending the extents edges. Therefore when creating content, make sure the left 20% and right 20% of the total composition are mirrored common pixels. This way when you overlap the two sides coming together your image will look seamlessly blended.

Load the content in both machines and then have one machine's play mode sync to the corresponding layers of the master machine.

Just turn on the sync and set the IDs. You're done.

miguelangelpinheiro
27-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Great help!!! Thank u so much

miguelangelpinheiro
27-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Is not enough a Mac pro 8 cuore to run with 2 triple heads? In the past I used 3 triple heads, 2 in a 8 cuore and 1 in a 4 cuore and all runs fine, but was 3 big screens, not 360º and not in sync.
Do u think is better 2 independent machines ?