PDA

View Full Version : CID Video Output

hdmcc
09-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi.

I was playing around with our catalyst today as we havent used in a while and i discovered that neither the RGBHV or VGA outputs from the CID were working.

Any ideas as to why?

thanks.

Hamish

NevBull
09-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Hi Hamish

do you mean the CIB with the RGBHV BNC connectors on the front? If so, this is just a straight through from the VGA to the BNC, so the fault would lie somewhere else unless the cable was damaged.

If you mean the DV1 interface, this had VGA in and then the signal was sent through a couple of DA's and then to the VGA and BNC connectors. If its this interface, check the power etc to the DA's

regards

Nev.

hdmcc
09-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Its the one with the BNC's on the front.

The way we run our system is we have 2 dvi's out of the G5 into converts to turn them into VGA as we dont have DVI monitors, and i used to use the RGBHV BNC's on the front of the CIB as my main out put because that was what i ran to the projectors.

But now the RGBVH on the front and the VGA on the rear of the CIB wont work, so i am temporarily running a second VGA feed from the dvi-vga converter.

NevBull
09-09-2009, 02:55 PM
is is the silver unit or the blue one with the USB / DMX input?

If it's the silver DV1 unit, then its probably one of the DA's that is faulty - or a cable has come loose. I would pop the unit out and do some poking around

SourceChild
10-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Sounds like an ID Ten T error.

Marty Postma
10-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Sounds like an ED Ten T error.

Quite possibly ;)

Or it could just be a bad CIB.....they are getting quite old now.

colinmonk
14-10-2009, 04:44 PM
"But now the RGBVH on the front and the VGA on the rear of the CIB wont work... "

If this is the Blue CIB then from what i remember the VGA on the back feeds the RGBHV on the front, they are not seperate outputs so the VGA on the back needs to be connected to the Mac for the RGBHV to work...