PDA

View Full Version : Catalyst set up

Orri
31-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I am using Catalyst with two projectors. I have 4 DVI outputs on my MAC. Two are connected to a Ethernet box with a WGA out to two monitors (the other two DVI outputs are not in use).

On monitor ONE I see only what is going out to projector 1. On monitor TWO I see my Catlyst layer control and underneath what is going out to projector 2. When running a show I have to turn of the layer control so it doesn´t show up on the projection screen.

My question is as follows:
Is it not possible to have say monitor 1 showing my Catalyst layer control and monitor 2 being set up with 2 monitor windows / mix windows?

Thanks,
Orri Petursson

samsc
31-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I am using Catalyst with two projectors. I have 4 DVI outputs on my MAC. Two are connected to a Ethernet box with a WGA out to two monitors (the other two DVI outputs are not in use).

On monitor ONE I see only what is going out to projector 1. On monitor TWO I see my Catlyst layer control and underneath what is going out to projector 2. When running a show I have to turn of the layer control so it doesn´t show up on the projection screen.

My question is as follows:
Is it not possible to have say monitor 1 showing my Catalyst layer control and monitor 2 being set up with 2 monitor windows / mix windows?

Thanks,
Orri Petursson

4 dvi outputs?
do you have 2 graphics cards in your computer?

Mr_P
01-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi Orri

Catalyst only support ONE graphics card in a MacPro. You should remove any extra graphics cards if installed.

Theres a few ways of doing what you want to do:
Depending what information you need to see - you may want to consider the network capabilities built in to catalyst.
Either:
Using the internal webserver to display information and give access to preset/cue control.
or
With another server, use 'remote broadcast'. Set the server with projectors to 'broadcast' and set another server to remotely prewiew the first. You should have the same content on both servers in this scenario.
If you want to control the server remotely - then swap this around.

Otherwise:
If you only have one server - You will have to use a Matrox 'Dual Head-2-Go' or 'Triple Head-2-Go' on one output of your graphics card, and connect the projectors to the DH2G/TH2G - this will leave the other output for your desktop/layers view.

Do call if you require further support

Simon

Orri
01-09-2009, 12:15 PM
4 dvi outputs?
do you have 2 graphics cards in your computer?

Yes, I have 2no NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT graphics cards.

Regards,
Orri

NevBull
01-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi Orri

I have sent you a PM

Nev.

samsc
01-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Yes, I have 2no NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT graphics cards.

Regards,
Orri

only one works at a time-