PDA

View Full Version : Catalyst Libraries

Justin12
11-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Hi guys, im having trouble getting access to my library files, i choose the folders i want and then i click scan files and i only get one library which is 000 Images, can somebody please direct me in the right direction
cheers Justin

NevBull
11-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi Justin

You must make sure your folders/files are numbered correctly and that you point Catalyst to the right place in the Library window. You must select just the folder containing the numbered folders as shown below

Root Folder <- This is the folder you select.

001 Folder 1

001 File 1
002 File 2
003 File 3

002 Folder 2

001 File 1
002 File 2
003 File 3

003 Folder 3

001 File 1 etc etc etc

In the example above, when you click on the Folders tab in the Library window, then on the blue '1' button, choose the Root Folder, then scan files. This should then see all of the numbered folders and files within the Root Folder. These will obviously have different names in your setup, just the numbering is important.

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

regards

Nev.

Justin12
17-08-2009, 09:37 AM
hi Nev thanks for the reply, i made sure all the files were named correctly and that i chose the folders in order and scanned them in individually but i am still not having any luck with it, originally it worked fine i programmed it for a show and i started it the next day and i couldnt access any libraries, is it possible it is a software issue and not catalyst itself, if so should i wipe the mac and re-install the software?
Justin

NevBull
17-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi Justin

can you PM me your email address so we can sort this out?

regards

Nev.

samsc
31-08-2009, 05:31 PM
hi Nev thanks for the reply, i made sure all the files were named correctly and that i chose the folders in order and scanned them in individually but i am still not having any luck with it, originally it worked fine i programmed it for a show and i started it the next day and i couldnt access any libraries, is it possible it is a software issue and not catalyst itself, if so should i wipe the mac and re-install the software?
Justin

did you hard disc stop working?

samsc
31-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Justin

the inbuilt manual - shows you what to do-

access manual from help menu in catalyst-

stephlight
17-03-2011, 06:48 PM
I have the same trouble, Catalyst create files in an other folder, in other location with number like 000_000 000_001 etc but I can only have my file If I copy them in directory created by catalyst (Documents/Catalyst Documents/Images).

Ant idea?
Thanks

samsc
17-03-2011, 07:35 PM
I have the same trouble, Catalyst create files in an other folder, in other location with number like 000_000 000_001 etc but I can only have my file If I copy them in directory created by catalyst (Documents/Catalyst Documents/Images).

Ant idea?
Thanks

show an image of directory structure

thanks

stephlight
17-03-2011, 09:21 PM
It works know, I'm not shure why it works but it works. I just add " movie" after 001.

Know I have a trouble with the Mac book pro, it seems that 2011 version really don't likr the Catalyst. The output freeze all 10 seconds! But the catalyst steel running and I really using nothing from Hard drive or Processor, both are less than 20% used.

samsc
17-03-2011, 09:32 PM
It works know, I'm not shure why it works but it works. I just add " movie" after 001.

Know I have a trouble with the Mac book pro, it seems that 2011 version really don't likr the Catalyst. The output freeze all 10 seconds! But the catalyst steel running and I really using nothing from Hard drive or Processor, both are less than 20% used.

you do need some letters other than '000' - as file name

-

no idea about latest mac books - they changed architecture again - and its different in every model - some with intel integrated - some with both -

stephlight
18-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks for your help,
I will call apple to know if they are aware of those trouble.

samsc
18-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Which laptop you have?

Calling apple won't be much use

running software on machines which have only just been released
Doesn't even give apple any chance to fix their bugs

MattMills
19-03-2011, 02:53 AM
I am currently using a brand new Macbook Air 13" as a backup for my real Catalyst system. It works just fine. I was actually a bit surprised how well it help up. I have some songs in the set that are 9-10 layers (SD).

samsc
19-03-2011, 08:13 AM
I am currently using a brand new Macbook Air 13" as a backup for my real Catalyst system. It works just fine. I was actually a bit surprised how well it help up. I have some songs in the set that are 9-10 layers (SD).

mac book airs are from 2010 - they work fine with inbuilt ssd-

apple released new laptop in feb 2011 with a completely new architecture from previous ones

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs-compare.html

stephlight
19-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Which laptop you have?

Calling apple won't be much use

running software on machines which have only just been released
Doesn't even give apple any chance to fix their bugs

I have a Macbook pro 17" I7 quad-core 2,3GHs 4GB with a SSD C300

I called Apple several times this week and we have listed all troubles I had. Yesterday I stayed around 3 hours with them to test the laptop. At the end they decided to exchange it. I will receive the new one at the end of the month.

I would not fail to let you know what happens next, and if everything goes better with the software.
Let me know if you needs feedback and witch one.

samsc
20-03-2011, 10:03 AM
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2768351

stephlight
26-03-2011, 03:34 PM
I received the new one, I had updated OSX in 10.6.7 and it is really better, I can use 8 layers at the the time with out any trouble (not yet tested in HD) using HD 7200 rpm. I will try later with medias on a SSD and SSD via thunderbolt.

I must use an other dis than the OS one even if it is a SSD. Catalyst and media on the same HD I have freezes.