PDA

View Full Version : Any way to see Cue List in Full Screen?

blamelewis
26-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi all,

I'm running a show from the built in Cat interface - no console.

Screen 1 goes through a Dual Head2Go - left half is the operators monitor with presets, layers and so on. The right half is a mix for the projector.
Screen 2 is split through a VQS-01 to four banks of TVs

My problem is that we need to run the show in Full Screen mode on Screen 1 to see the images on the projector, but there seems to be no way to see a cue list in this mode.

I've noticed that we can still trigger the cue list with Space or Enter even in Full Screen mode, I'm just extremely nervous about not being able to see which cue we're in or navigate around the cue list other than a blind press of the Space Bar.

We're discussing running the show straight off the Presets, so another question: is there any way to copy and paste presets? We can plot presets in show order but inevitably there'll be cues added in between other cues and so it might all get rather messy and hard to navigate in show conditions.

Any help much appreciated

Best

Tim

Mr_P
26-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi Tim

Hi all,

My problem is that we need to run the show in Full Screen mode on Screen 1 to see the images on the projector, but there seems to be no way to see a cue list in this mode.

no - there isn't - unless you use the web remote from another computer - or have another mac running catalyst with an identical cuelist - and 'send preset commands' - both methods require a 2nd computer....

We're discussing running the show straight off the Presets, so another question: is there any way to copy and paste presets?

no way to copy and paste presets - you can always run preset, then save it in to a new one. - There are a few workarounds if using a lighting desk....

We can plot presets in show order but inevitably there'll be cues added in between other cues and so it might all get rather messy and hard to navigate in show conditions.

in your scenario - id either use a 2nd mac to run the cuelist, or use a lighting desk to program and replay.

If budget is tight - try HogPC with a USB widget or GrandMA PC with an NSP - or ChamSys MagicQ (really good with catalyst) http://www.chamsys.co.uk/default.asp?p=consoleproducts.asp

Hope this helps - do contact me if you require further info

Simon

NevBull
27-05-2009, 09:55 PM
If anyone is interested - this was my suggestion to Tim

my thoughts would be to program using presets and cue list on the main machine, then zip up the show file. Copy this onto the second machine you have and ensure both are on the same network.

On the second machine, turn on "Send Remote Preset Commands" from the Remote options in the Catalyst Control window, and "Accept Remote Preset Commands" on the main machine.

You can then run the cue list to trigger presets on the second machine, this should send remote preset triggers to your main machine.

I hope this is clear - if not - please email me.

Nev.

Mr_P
28-05-2009, 12:03 AM
That's is what I suggested - albeit less succinctly...

The other way is to set the remote mac (stage) to mimic the 'control' mac (foh) by using the remote 'mimic' button in the layers HUD.

This means that you need not program ANYTHING on the remote mac (stage) and everything can be done on the 'control' mac FOH.

This relies on 'broadcast to remote preview' being enabled on the 'control' mac - and a network conecton between the two.

Obviously - content has to be the same on both macs - but the setup can differ between macs, if required, to make programming easier.

Both methods have their pitalls...

Personally - I'd always use a lighting desk!

Simon

(Credit to those who have been using this method on recent shows I've been working on... :) )

NevBull
28-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Sorry Simon - didn't read through your post in detail, just copied and pasted from my email.

It seems that shows not using a dedicated lighting desk for Catalyst as budgets get squeezed - I have found more and more that for long theatre runs, a desk maybe brought in for initial programming, but then taken out for the run.

The interaction between servers, dedicated sync ports, having the ability to view and navigate a cue list from full screen and a more comprehensive Preset system would be very welcome.

Nev.

SourceChild
29-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Try using OmniGraffle.

I have built dozens of templates in OmniGraffle which run html scripts. The are very easy to write and the interface is so easy to manipulate.

I trigger cues with OmniGraffle as well as presets directly. I have even written scripts in OmniGraffle which call timing specific events and even chases between presets.

It's a little odd to get the hang of at first but I've actually started doing this on shows where in the past I would have had a lighting desk or even as a replacement to a few shows which were run with Medialon triggering MIDI.