PDA

View Full Version : Could be a dumb question...

beardedbil
12-05-2009, 06:44 PM
So for our use, we will not be controlling catalyst from a lighting console, but it will be controlled right at the computer, is there anyway to control what goes out on the 2nd full screen via the 1st screen? For example I want to be able to sit at the mac pro with one monitor in front of me and control what goes out to the projectors... I will mostly use presets and just click and go...

Is there anyway to do this, or will all the HUD stuff go out to the projectors as well? I am a little confused with this, and I apologize if this is such a beginners question... Thanks in advance.
Bill

P.S. basically we are a county government and will be using this as a playback device during live conferences etc, however we have limited lighting control so no real need at the moment to invest in a console. We want to be able to just sit at the catalyst and click on clips or presets and have them play out to the projector, hope all this makes sense.

NevBull
12-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Hello Bill

This is pretty much what Catalyst is designed to do. The Layers window and Library window showing presets can be on output one and the actual content come out of output two. The HUD can be switched off on the second screen.

If you want to run through Catalyst basics, I can do an online training session with you - just drop me an email.

regards

Nev.

beardedbil
14-05-2009, 04:02 AM
Thank nev, I would love to talk to you about training, I have emailed you off site... thanks!