PDA

View Full Version : VS Com, Netcom serial servers

kmclights
11-05-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm at the end of my rope with these damn serial servers. Can someone please help?

Brand new VS Com Netcom 113 boxes. Configured with a static IP address and rebooted using a cat5 cable directly from my Macbook Pro. With a direct cable from my laptop, they come up reasonably quickly in my browser. When I hook them up to my network, I can't see them, any of the 8 that I have. The browser always times out. The only thing between my laptop and the netcom boxes is a 10/100 netgear switch. I can speak to all the panasonic projectors directly, so I know the network is solid.

I've attached the config file from one of the boxes. Is there anything in that file that says I'm doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated ASAP.

Thanks,

Kevin

kmclights
13-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Never did find out what was wrong. We changed out one of the Netgear 10/100 switches for a configurable Gigabit switch and eventually they all came online, but not all at the same time, some of them required a power cycle. But we still had 4 of them on an identical Netgear switch and they started working. Also we changed the serial side down to 9600 baud, but I can't imagine that the serial side would prevent the TCP/IP side from working, would it?

Cheers,

Kevin

kiwi
14-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Kevin,
Apologies only just seen this post.
I use the 111 version of these boxes (232 single port) for controlling panasonic PT-D series projectors.

They can be a bit temperamental in their boot order. Quite often if they will give the appearance of being connected and working -lights on and flashing, but will not pass commands and no access from a web browser.

I've found that reseting them in the following way seems to remedy this;

Disconnect power and network cables from the unit
reinstate power only
the red power light will come on then drop out, after a few seconds the orange data light will flash
reconnect the network cable

Try that if you encounter the problem again.

Paul