PDA

View Full Version : RGB Capture

ctcronin
02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Hello All:

Does anyone know of a RGB (VGA or DVI even) capture board that catalyst can use as a live input? If not, I guess to get better res I can capture with the SDI-HD, and in that case, has anyone been using these for IMAG? I am wondering what the latency for talking heads will be..

thanks

chris

Marty Postma
02-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Look at the Canpous website,,,,,they have some good capture devices that work via firewire to capture VGA.

This is one I know will work:

http://desktop.grassvalley.com/products/TwinPact100/TwinPact100.php

Hope this helps:)

Mr_P
02-04-2009, 05:38 PM
DVI (HDMI) capture can be achieved by using a Decklink Intensity or Intensity PRO capture card. It will accept resolutions up to 1080i (not 1080p)
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/
Cards are relatively in-expensive. 2 cards can be used in a MacPro at the same time. Frame delay is normally 1-2 frames - but the cards do frame buffer - which is un-controllable.

Phoenix card will support 2 x SD-SDI or 1 x HD-SDI in a 2008 MacPro. Untested in New 2009 MacPro. Frame delay is 1 frame. A more expensive option than the Intensity Card.

Not tested the Canopus Twinpact100 - watch out for latency on firewire

Beware of frame delay in camera processing equipment and in processing before it gets to catalyst - and again between catalyst and projectors....

Simon

Mauricio Caicedo
13-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I was looking for this for a while... I need to input power point presentations that clients want to operate themselves, without option to convert the content because they usually have it ready 1 hour before the show...

I tried the canopus twinpact100 but the delay on the firewire is a problem....
the best I've used are the epiphan USB2VGA units they have a wide range supporting different resolutions..
I use two of the LR version, 30fps, at 1280x1024 top resolution.

check www.epiphan.com
The will run you about U$800

Peter
19-04-2009, 11:17 AM
If it doesnt need to be live, something like snapz pro, a bit time consuming but works really well.