PDA

View Full Version : sync id problem

frankv1234
06-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Hi

I have a catalyst setup running with 24 catalyst servers and have a problem with the sync id. The master is on remote broadcast on. All the slaves are accepting remote commands. The system is controlled by dmx on a hog 3 and is connected with 1gb ethernet switches

The problem is when i program a cue with a movie on layher one on the master and on all the slaves plays the same movie the sync setup is no problem (master is play once slaves are sync to id 1) When i then run cue 2 wich is a file swop on the same layer for all servers most of the servers sync again with the master but some are stopping at their first frame. This problems occurs at random servers and on random layers

any ideas ??

greetings

Frank Verbeek
Production Partners

SourceChild
06-03-2009, 03:01 AM
I had the same problem in some earlier builds when I would run systems with more than 5 machines.
Here is a quick workaround0:

Try building a cue which puts all machines at InFrame for new file. Then a wait cue which reassigns Sync ID to slaves and triggers Play on master.
For example:

Cue 1: All Inframe
Cue 2: Slave to sync ID and Master to Play
Cue 3: All Inframe change file
Cue 4: Slave to sync ID and Master to Play

Make the wait time .1s for cues 2 and 4.

Or if you build a crossfading cue stack, build the upper layers invisibly into lower cues
For example:

Cue 1: Layer 1 all Inframe
Cue 2: Layer 1 full, master Play, all slaves sync 1, Layer 2 zero all Inframe
Cue 3: Layer 2 full master Play, all slaves sync 2, ...

Also, what version of Catalyst are you using?
Is the Hog Artnet on the same network?
Are you also running HogNet on same network?

frankv1234
06-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi,

Thanks i'm gone give the inframe option a try. I will keep you posted about the results

All systems run 4.10 b165. The artnet network is free of other resources and is only running one elc arnetnode 8 and 24 catalyst systems and some macbooks for catalyst preview for programming. switch used is a 48 port cisco switch. Subnet used is a class a subnet